Proposal: MAF for E. Kane

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Pitt gets a skilled top 6 winger, though he carries some baggage. A lot of pens fans say they don't want Kane's problems, but he's still good and Pitt has to lose fleury one way or the other this season

Buffalo rolls with a 1A and 1B with fleury and lehner. IMO Buffalo has a solid team and fleury can help them make a playoff push, and at least provide insurance until lehner proves he can be a legit #1 goalie.

Salary about evens out

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Pitt gets a skilled top 6 winger, though he carries some baggage. A lot of pens fans say they don't want Kane's problems, but he's still good and Pitt has to lose fleury one way or the other this season

Buffalo rolls with a 1A and 1B with fleury and lehner. IMO Buffalo has a solid team and fleury can help them make a playoff push, and at least provide insurance until lehner proves he can be a legit #1 goalie.

Salary about evens out

Buffalo doesn't have enough good left wingers to trade Kane for a goalie.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Salary about evens out

Pretty sure that with what Buffalo paid to get Robin Lehner, I doubt that Tim Murray has any interest in MAF right now.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Salary about evens out

Buffalo would have absolutely no interest in MAF. They have their goalie and this trade make less than zero sense for them.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
They picked up Lehner just over a year ago, I don't see why Buffalo considers this.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kane is the antithesis of everything that made the Pens work last year.

No dice. For either team.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Don't care to do it from the Pens side. Value might be there for both, but trading a guy who's loved by his teammates for one with huge character issues is not something I want to do.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Kane is the antithesis of everything that made the Pens work last year.

No dice. For either team.

This.

Even though I still believe that Buffalo is lying to themselves if they think Lehner is going to take them anywhere but Penguins absolutely do not need Kane.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

Salary about evens out

As Sabres fan, this is the worst. No way Pens accept this. not even close. On top of that as others have said we do not need another goalie.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No from both sides. No need for MAF in Buffalo and absolutely no need or desire for Kane in Pittsburgh.

Group Chat Legend*

Buffalo would have absolutely no interest in MAF. They have their goalie and this trade make less than zero sense for them.

They have a goalie.

MAF is of no interest to Buffalo, obviously; but Buffalo sure does not have a current or future #1

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
They have a goalie.

MAF is of no interest to Buffalo, obviously; but Buffalo sure does not have a current or future #1

Many believe they do have their #1 But we will not know that until they can build their team in front of him. He looked good when he has played and will only look better as the defense gets built MAF does not meet the age to be a #1 for Buffalo. Funny how so many people want to write of players that are still developing their games..... The joys of HF.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
They have a goalie.

That's just, like, your opinion, man. I guarantee you GMTM didn't trade a first for Lehner a year ago planning on him being a backup

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
As Sabres fan, this is the worst. No way Pens accept this. not even close. On top of that as others have said we do not need another goalie.

I appreciate your honesty, at this point, can you put a realistic value on Kane for me?

HugoLalumiere

May 20, 2013
Montreal, Quebec

Yeah well... I like how Buffalo is shaping up but I'm really not sold on Lehner yet. He's only a potential #1 so far. And with how last season started, should we question his durability? Especially considering who his backups are. With Chad Johnson still around, they could feel safer. Time will tell, I guess.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Don't care to do it from the Pens side. Value might be there for both, but trading a guy who's loved by his teammates for one with huge character issues is not something I want to do.

Value isn't there from Buffalos side...they acquired Lehner. They have no interest in MAF.

No teams need goalies right now. In the salon, things don't pan out or goalie gets injured then there is demand.

Yeah well... I like how Buffalo is shaping up but I'm really not sold on Lehner yet. He's only a potential #1 so far. And with how last season started, should we question his durability? Especially considering who his backups are. With Chad Johnson still around, they could feel safer. Time will tell, I guess.

Remember Lehner also is team controlled for 3 more seasons. He stays healthy he plays very good.

Umm ...Chad Johnson isn't around. He is in Calgary. They acquire Nillsson as their backup with Ullmark as call up.

sunnyvale

Apr 29, 2013
NJ
Fleury >> Lehner. Let's all be real now. But the question is who would even want to deal with Kane

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don't want Kane's baggage, but I also don't think Buffalo needs another goalie. I'm probably higher on Lehner than most, but I think he's going to put it all together here soon.

HugoLalumiere

May 20, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Umm ...Chad Johnson isn't around. He is in Calgary. They acquire Nillsson as their backup with Ullmark as call up.

Umm... Yes, I know. What I said is ''With Chad Johnson still around, they could feel safer.'' Emphasis being on ''could'', implying that Johnson is no longer around and so forth...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad