Value of: MAF and Hornquist to Calgary.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Would bennett work

for the reasons i already talked about, it pretty much has to be a defenseman. you could offer gaudreau and it still probably wouldn't be an automatic yes from rutherford because trading fleury to anyone but vegas guarantees they lose a top 4 defenseman for nothing in the ED.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Would bennett work

Maybe. We do need a 3C. What's the offer?

MAF+Horny for Bennett would probably be a no. MAF+ could be something to consider. I would maybe do MAF+Hagelin+pick for Bennett.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Maybe. We do need a 3C. What's the offer?

MAF+Horny for Bennett would probably be a no. MAF+ could be something to consider. I would maybe do MAF+Hagelin+pick for Bennett.

i was just about to say if Hornquist is a no, how about Hagelin.

Works for me.. although Calgary takes all the risk in trading Bennett, kid could be a stud.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I had no idea Hornquist had such value. So let's keep it simple. What about Klimchuk and a 2nd for MAF before expansion draft?

The issue is while that's a fair offer for Fleury, Fleury's value as expansion bait is even higher than that. If the Penguins can use Fleury to convince Vegas into not taking Rust, Maatta, Hornqvist or Schultz, that has a ton of value in itself. Fleury's real value right now comes from using him to not lose a good player to expansion. So in a vacuum, that's a fair offer, but I'd sooner sink Fleury for nothing if it meant only losing Kuhnhackl in the expansion draft.

The only way I'd move Hornqvist is if the Penguins can't use Fleury as expansion bait, then I'd just circle back to Hornqvist and Fleury for Bennett and futures. Is Bennett eligible for the expansion draft?

GetThePuckOuttaHere*

Feb 23, 2017
Would bennett work

**** yes, if Calgary is willing. Perfect replacement for Bonino. Idc if Bennett never scores more than 40 points, I love his physicality and speed game. I'd feel bad ripping off Calgary though. I'd add a first to Hornqvist and Fleury and still feel guilty.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
**** yes, if Calgary is willing. Perfect replacement for Bonino. Idc if Bennett never scores more than 40 points, I love his physicality and speed game. I'd feel bad ripping off Calgary though. I'd add a first to Hornqvist and Fleury and still feel guilty.

First, Hornquist and Fleury, call it in, done. Bennett is **** right now, MAF + Hagelin would be selling low, but not low low, considering the ask last year for Fleury was the 6th overall, (pre-2017 playoffs). I hope and pray Bennett develops into a beast, but from what ive seen in 160 games is... not alot. Lots of "Bennett looked good tonight, if he keeps playing like that the points will come, then he doesnt, and they dont" He actually regressed considerably this year. But we shall see. I know 85% of flames fans would not trade him. We shall see

2015-16 Calgary Flames NHL 77 18 18 36 37 -11 -- --
2016-17 Calgary Flames NHL 81 13 13 26 75 -16

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I had no idea Hornquist had such value. So let's keep it simple. What about Klimchuk and a 2nd for MAF before expansion draft?

I would do that, yes.

i was just about to say if Hornquist is a no, how about Hagelin.

Works for me.. although Calgary takes all the risk in trading Bennett, kid could be a stud.

Indeed he could but it's one of those, does the return of Bennett help more or less than Bennett himself? Tough call. Interesting trade option.

Bennett is **** right now, and MAF + Hagelin would be selling low, but not low low. I hope and pray he develops into a beast, but from what ive seen in 160 games is... not alot. Lots of "Bennett looked good tonight, if he keeps playing like that the points will come, then he doesnt, and they dont" He actually regressed considerably this year. But we shall see. I know 85% of flames fans would not trade him. We shall see

He's an RFA too. Any talk about what his contract demands would be like? If he's looking at $5-6mil like Johnny H and Monahan, then forget it.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
He's an RFA too. Any talk about what his contract demands would be like? If he's looking at $5-6mil like Johnny H and Monahan, then forget it.

Hell no. He will be looking for a bridge deal. 2-3 years at around 2.5 million per with some bonus money on the table if he tears it up.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
First, Hornquist and Fleury, call it in, done. Bennett is **** right now, MAF + Hagelin would be selling low, but not low low, considering the ask last year for Fleury was the 6th overall, (pre-2017 playoffs). I hope and pray Bennett develops into a beast, but from what ive seen in 160 games is... not alot. Lots of "Bennett looked good tonight, if he keeps playing like that the points will come, then he doesnt, and they dont" He actually regressed considerably this year. But we shall see. I know 85% of flames fans would not trade him. We shall see

I don't see how anyone could say Bennett regressed this year that actually watches him play. He was significantly better this year.

From Backlunds wing to centering Brouwer.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Treliving said at the end of the year how much he loved Bennett. I don't see him trading him anytime soon, especially for a goalie upgrade.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
I don't see how anyone could say Bennett regressed this year that actually watches him play. He was significantly better this year.

I watch everygame. Point production dropped 27%, thats a regression. Like I said, he shows flashes and you think oh boy this guys going to break out, then he never does. Hes a co-cktease.

2015-16 Calgary Flames NHL 77 18 18 36 37 -11

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
The Penguins don't have any reason to move Hornqvist. Watching him this playoffs just reinforces how valuable he is this time of year.

This is 100% correct. Outside of Jake, he is the only guy that consistently crashes the net and stands in front of the goalie and takes his punishment. He pays the price. Until ZAR is ready, who JR says plays like Horrnqvist, trading him is foolish.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

Dude, he has regressed. I'm not a Calgary fan, but have watched them play quite a few times this year.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Treliving said at the end of the year how much he loved Bennett. I don't see him trading him anytime soon, especially for a goalie upgrade.

The forum offer for Bennett was a first, hornquist and Fleury, so lots more than just a goalie upgrade haha

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Treliving is not moving Bennett. It just isn't happening.

His performance in the playoffs (arguably our best forward) will be huge for his confidence heading into the summer.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Treliving is not moving Bennett. It just isn't happening.

His performance in the playoffs (arguably our best forward) will be huge for his confidence heading into the summer.

He would if it was for a 1st, hornquist and MAF. Thats ridiculous. Its also a "value of" thread, so relax. We know that as bull-**** forum commentators that 99.99% of the things we say on here are never going to happen, right ?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Trevliving won't move any of Bennett, Brodie, Giordano, Hamilton or any of the top end forwards (Monahan, Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Backlund and Frolik), I have a really tough time imagining the Flames having the assets to throw together a package for Hornqvist and Fleury. The Flames only have a 1st rounder this year and all of their valuable assets seem to be untouchable.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Bennett is the flames highest ever draft pick....

The offer for Fleury is a 2nd at most. You can't muddy the waters and add spare parts to convince Calgary to give up a high end young piece. Calgary needs their dmen and young forwards.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

A skating monkey could have been " arguably our best forward" in the playoffs this year. He had 2 points.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Bennett is the flames highest ever draft pick....

The offer for Fleury is a 2nd at most. You can't muddy the waters and add spare parts to convince Calgary to give up a high end young piece. Calgary needs their dmen and young forwards.

So you'd offer less (at most) than what you gave up for Elliott for a better goalie that could realistically win the Conn Smythe this year? Interesting.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
He would if it was for a 1st, hornquist and MAF. Thats ridiculous. Its also a "value of" thread, so relax. We know that as bull-**** forum commentators that 99.99% of the things we say on here are never going to happen, right ?

I know that.. I don't have an issue with the "value".
You don't move a young core piece for two complimentary pieces when you are in the position this organization currently is in (which MAF and Hornqvist would be due to their age and contracts). Those two don't push us into becoming cup contender's next year, which is what such a trade would have to accomplish in order to make any sort of sense. Hornqvist has one year left on his deal.

If Trevliving won't move any of Bennett, Brodie, Giordano, Hamilton or any of the top end forwards (Monahan, Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Backlund and Frolik), I have a really tough time imagining the Flames having the assets to throw together a package for Hornqvist and Fleury. The Flames only have a 1st rounder this year and all of their valuable assets seem to be untouchable.

You are correct. Calgary is not interested in deducting from it's young core. As such, it is extremely unlikely Hornqvist is targeted along with MAF in a singular trade.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Calgary is a destination for no one. MAF has zero interest in going to Calgary. Pens are not trading Hornqvist. Calgary will bring in a goalie who is not championship caliber and will complain once again about missing the payoffs or one and done.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00