WWE: Mae Young Classic 2 [August?]

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
That was hard to watch tonight. I feel awful for Nox. Hopefully she will come back better than ever.

Does anyone know how long she is out for?

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I just watched a highlight video from this week's episode. Holy crap are the the Japanese women Io and Meiko looking strong. I didn't expect Meiko to to get this far or look that good.

Joshi(women) wrestling in Japan is a whole other beast than it is in the states. There is a reason a lot of the current generation of indy wrestlers head to Japan just to train, nevermind appearing in a match for Wave, Stardom, or any of the other feds. It's not for the money.

Remember back when the WWE Women's Championship was being won or lost in bikini contests or bra & panty matches by women like Sable? In Japan Megumi Kudo was facing Shark Tsuchiya in matches that would give Terry Funk and Sabu a run for their money.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was hard to watch tonight. I feel awful for Nox. Hopefully she will come back better than ever.

Does anyone know how long she is out for?
Doubt we see her before the summer. This injury was much worse than the torn ACL she sustained last year. This one is a torn ACL, MCL, LCL, meniscus, fracture in her tibia AND dislocated her knee (but it popped back in) along with a torn meniscus in her repaired knee.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Doubt we see her before the summer. This injury was much worse than the torn ACL she sustained last year. This one is a torn ACL, MCL, LCL, meniscus, fracture in her tibia AND dislocated her knee (but it popped back in) along with a torn meniscus in her repaired knee.

Holy shit! I had no idea it was that serious and she STILL tried to continue with the match. I stub my toe and I'm bedridden for three weeks. I wonder how far she would have gotten in the tournament?

All the best on her road to recovery.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Holy ****! I had no idea it was that serious and she STILL tried to continue with the match. I stub my toe and I'm bedridden for three weeks. I wonder how far she would have gotten in the tournament?

All the best on her road to recovery.

I’m not a doctor but I think if she stopped after the dive that she got hurt on originally, a lot of those other things don’t happen. She was still able to go and then her knee just gave out. If you remember, when Ciampa got hurt, his ACL tore in the ladder match but was hurt going into it.

Reactions: TNT87

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I can't help but think that they should put some padding on that ramp at Full Sail already. Not the first time someone's gotten injured on it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Fabulous end of the series. Toni Storm vs. Io Shirai could be the best women's match of the year. In fact, it really should be if they both get to do their thing.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Fabulous end of the series. Toni Storm vs. Io Shirai could be the best women's match of the year. In fact, it really should be if they both get to do their thing.
But will they let them?

That's the thing. Can't have them outshine Nikki Bella!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
But will they let them?

That's the thing. Can't have them outshine Nikki Bella!
You also have to hope the crowd is engaged because Long Island is tough to get reactions and there’s two matches where the characters aren’t seen on raw or Smackdown

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You really need to say best *WWE* match of the year because Stardom is pumping out classic after classic.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm hoping they kick off Evolution with this match just so everything else gets shit on. (Not Becky/Charlotte)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Starting a show with a match featuring 2 people that you're not convinced most of the crowd would know who they are seems bad. Plus, there's a lot of pomp and circumstance that will come with it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Starting a show with a match featuring 2 people that you're not convinced most of the crowd would know who they are seems bad. Plus, there's a lot of pomp and circumstance that will come with it.

Yeah, I think there's going to be fairly long highlight packages of their road to the final and it might be best to air those separately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad