WWE: Mae Young Classic 2 [August?]

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I guess this match?

Either Kacy is really short or Reina is really tall. I'd actually say that she's everything Nia Jax should be. Kacy used her agility in some pretty innovative ways.

I really liked that match. Kacy has some pretty good potential. She's already 28 though and needs some work, but she's already pretty entertaining to watch.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jinny is really good. I think she needs to get her last name back though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Has she ever had one? She's always been just 'Jinny' in Progress.

But yeah, she's good.
Her wiki says she used ‘Jinny Couture’ at one point. Impressive submission hold.

Karen Q vs. Xia Li was a good match. Don’t get why Xia Li got released because she looks good and looked good last year unless she just wants to go out on her own and work indies to get more experience.

Kaitlyn vs. Kavita Devi was mediocre but Kaitlyn looked good in it and got great reactions. Her look is much better than it was in the past. Looking forward to see how she does against someone who can work. The pushed the India connection and Kavita Devi way too hard for being a trailblazer despite not being on TV.

Mia Yim vs. the she-skunk was decent. Mia did a dive where she got caught, landed on her feet and just like tackled Allisyn which looked strange.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Some personal news:

Io Shirai is good at wrestling.

Poor Xia Brookside

Reactions: Disclose

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
And in some bad news, Nicole Matthews has been hit with a five year ban from the US. Probably the same thing that happened to Speedball.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
she probably didnt apply for a working visa in the u.s....

kinda shame. they were talking wonders about her during her match.
she also looked good.

Reactions: KIRK

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That Nicole Matthews/Isla Dawn match was like, really not good. The work Nicole did was fine, and she is good, but they just couldn't get any heat and Isla Dawn didn't really show a whole lot. Just on one look, she looks like she needs a lot of work on her gimmick and needs to add a lot more bells and whistles if her gimmick is that she's a witch. Maybe one reason they couldn't get heat was everyone was waiting for Io Shirai, but they barely did anything to illicit a reaction.

Michael Cole couldn't figure out is Jessie Elaban has a last name or not, didn't matter since she lost, but she has some potential as a Bayley-type character.

Rachael Ellering and Hiroyo Matsumoto was very good, might've been the best match of the first round. Nothing in the first round was mean to be great, but that one was. The two best matches were the two that told the story, the other being Karen Q and Xia Li, which I bet no one would've expected.

I didn't like that they fed Xia Brookside to Io Shirai, if Io is supposed to be who they're pulling for, then she should've gotten more of a heel to work with. Nobody really wanted to go against Xia, which they shouldn't since she is really good and really fun, and was quite a spot they put her in at her age. If they were going to put 2 faces against each other, it should've been a better match instead of a showcase for Io.

Commentary, like, still sucks.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
people hate that when they watch lucha libre.
(but yeah shes pretty cool. liked both of her matches)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A little too much on the sell by Rhea Ripley, but Kacy can be a star if they let her be and she gets enough time. All of the athletic stuff she does already looks better than anyone else they have in the company. A lot of women won't be able to pull off twisting her around too smoothly, but Rhea can because she's big and quick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This might sound crazy, but Kaitlyn might've had the best match of the second round. Definitely, the best match of this episode. She was with Mia Yim, who, as noted by me, is like so awesome, but Kaitlyn did her part. It was fun to see. I was pretty surprised given the level she had worked in the past. But I know she put effort in to be better. Hope they see out this story of her starting over in the business. She should have a place on the Evolution show.

Really great matches in general in this round. Toni Storm vs. Mia Yim is going to be bonkers.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I just watched a highlight video from this week's episode. Holy crap are the the Japanese women Io and Meiko looking strong. I didn't expect Meiko to to get this far or look that good.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Man, Tegan Knox is tough as f***ing hell. I can’t believe she continued on like she did. What a warrior.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I knew Tegan Nox got hurt, I didn't know it was within the first 15-20 seconds of the match

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad