NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Here's a picture of him at the signing ceremony:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
My favourite goalie prospect out of all them , hope he turns out he can just block a lot of net

Anyone kno if he is eligible to play in the whl next year?

Reactions: hn777

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Probably ECHL bound next season. Unless he beats out Mandolese

Depends what we do and what happens in the expansion draft but yeah.

Ideally you got:

Murray
Daccord

Gustavsson
Mandolese

Søgaard

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Depends what we do and what happens in the expansion draft but yeah.

Ideally you got:

Murray
Daccord

Gustavsson
Mandolese

Søgaard

what about hogberg . So many goalies so little ice wonder if we can loan Sogaard to the SHL or something

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
what about hogberg . So many goalies so little ice wonder if we can loan Sogaard to the SHL or something

As things stand it's probably time to move on. Expansion draft and injuries could create a different result but right now it's hard to imagine he will receive a qualifying offer.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
As things stand it's probably time to move on. Expansion draft and injuries could create a different result but right now it's hard to imagine he will receive a qualifying offer.

I get there are extenuating circumstances but this would be 2 goalies in a row we put lots of time in to developing until they are right on the cusp of being NHL backups and then ditching.

That's not a great recipe for success.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I get there are extenuating circumstances but this would be 2 goalies in a row we put lots of time in to developing until they are right on the cusp of being NHL backups and then ditching.

That's not a great recipe for success.

Okay, what's the alternative? Gustavsson and Daccord both have 1 year of waiver exception after this season, neither are far off from being ready and to be honest both look more promising. Do we hold both goaltender's back to give Hogberg another look?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Probably ECHL bound next season. Unless he beats out Mandolese

I don't think at the moment the Sens have a ECHL affiliate, the Brampton Beast folded due to Covid I think. I guess next season will again depend on what is going on with Covid & whether they are able to find a team for their prospects or maybe share a team again. If there is a taxi squad again next yr that would hold a few players to make some room.

I wonder if they would keep the AHL team here & use Belleville for a ECHL team, but somehow I doubt it. Should be interesting because they should have a couple of prospects for a ECHL team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad