Value of: Madison Bowey to Toronto

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Curious to see what the Caps might want in exchange for Bowey. Looking at their lineup projections, most fans have 7 or 8 guys ahead of him on the depth chart.

I know he won't come cheap, but it appears each team has a surplus at a position of need for the other. These two teams could make good trading partners.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
The future considerations in the Bernier deal. Nobody knows what they are right now so better get in on it quickly in case they're great!

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs probably just see what they have in zaitsev and carrick, both of who shoot right, before giving up assets for another dman.

Rielly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Polak
Marincin-Carrick

I think they see how this group does this year, and possibly take advantage of the pre expansion draft fire sale on top 4 dmen

Caps 74

May 13, 2015
Washington D.C.
I don't really see a match here. The caps don't really need anyone from the leafs roster right now and there is no point in trading him for another prospect.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
leafs probably just see what they have in zaitsev and carrick, both of who shoot right, before giving up assets for another dman.

Rielly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Polak
Marincin-Carrick

I think they see how this group does this year, and possibly take advantage of the pre expansion draft fire sale on top 4 dmen

As much as I'd like to forget him....Hunwick.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The only real appealing deal for the Capitals right now would be something around JVR, but Toronto would need to take equal (or more) salary back.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The only real appealing deal for the Capitals right now would be something around JVR, but Toronto would need to take equal (or more) salary back.

And the Caps would be sending back more good pieces than just Bowey....

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Curious to see what the Caps might want in exchange for Bowey. Looking at their lineup projections, most fans have 7 or 8 guys ahead of him on the depth chart.

I know he won't come cheap, but it appears each team has a surplus at a position of need for the other. These two teams could make good trading partners.

He's only 21. He's still developing. I think this would end up getting too complicated of a trade to get it under the cap.

thecapsfan

Sep 3, 2012
JVR

For

Bowey
Samsonov
Cap dump
2nd

LET ME MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR:

George McPhee is no longer the Capitals General Manager, hence the Capitals aren't going to do stupid bull**** moves like the Forsberg Erat trade that a monkey could tell was awful from the day it was done.

The Capitals have ZERO interest in moving Bowey. There's nothing to be gained by trading him, especially for anything Toronto would be giving up.

STOP making all of these idiotic proposals involving the Capitals trading Bowey and or Samsonov. Take this one for instance. Almost all proposals I've seen involving Bowey and or Samsonov(a fair share coming from Toronto fans, though they're not the only one's doing this) are complete ding dong awful proposals such as this one.

In the Eyes of Washington this is way too much of an overpayment. The only cap dump we have really is Orpik (who the management is obsessed with (probably for locker room presence and experience) and Winnik, whom the Caps got from Toronto.

The Caps have no interest in moving Bowey and or Samsonov for players that don't really help them nor fulfill a need. Just stop making proposals like this one for either prospect, because I have yet to see one that isn't absurd, or makes even the slightest amount of sense for the caps.

Last edited:

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Washington could dump Winnik back on the Leafs. Woud love to see the Leafs get a 2nd rounder for him, for the third year in a row, at the trade deadline. :D

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Wouldn't make the deal as a Toronto fan.

Out of curiosity, why not? Johansson is a versatile 200 ft player, Bowey has top pair upside and Samsonov puts another good young goalie in the system.

Today obviously Washington gets the better return, but I think it evens out at the very least down the road.

koalabear9301

Cero Miedo
May 9, 2016
Baltimore
JVR

For

Bowey
Samsonov
Cap dump
2nd

I would probably get in trouble if I did my best Stephen A. Smith impression, so I'm not going to do that.

But HOLY BALLS what a horrible deal this is! Our top goaltending and defesive prospects for JVR?! You might as well propose Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, and Holtby for Josh Leivo.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I would probably get in trouble if I did my best Stephen A. Smith impression, so I'm not going to do that.

But HOLY BALLS what a horrible deal this is! Our top goaltending and defesive prospects for JVR?! You might as well propose Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, and Holtby for Josh Leivo.

Don't be ridiculous. The Leafs don't have the cap space for that.:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad