Madden 17 XBox1 PS4

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Played 5 games so far on Franchise. (all madden no slider tweaked)

Maybe it's just bad luck, but I've fumbled the football 13 times so far. 6 in one game...
4 fumbles lost.
Run into a pile, ball flys 10 feet into the air. Sacked? Fumble.

Feel like the passing game got a minor tweak. Can take advantage of tall/athletic TE's. Can finally run some different routes without the CPU defender jumping 10 feet in the air to swat it.
Run game appears better, to early to tell.

I feel like defensively the pass defense has improved for the user, but every game so far I've gone up against an AP/Earl Campbell clone at RB. Every game, the CPU racks up 120-150 yards on the ground, and I'll even know where it's going and have guys there. Doesn't matter, the back will bulldoze/juke/stiff arm three guys at once.

Games have all been close(including the fumble game). Which is nice. Overall, for me I feel it'll be worth the 60 bucks. Nice hearing new commentary overall. New crew and lines. Seems a tad smarter when talking about the ongoing game.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
My two favourite football games were nfl blitz and madden 09

Nfl blitz obviously because of the big hits and after the play stuff and madden 09 because of the insane celebrations you could do

They've really sanitized the celebrations to just high stepping and holding the ball up. It's kind of a joke. I'd actually take the excessive celebration penalty if they brought back those celebrations from madden 09

Sep 19, 2008
Everyone is complaining about the blitzing and I did notice that when I played at the football game Friday. The defense sacks your QB in like 2 seconds. No time to set up anything.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I never played Madden 16 only watched a couple streams on Twitch. I didnt like the look of Madden 16 but Madden 17 looks better than 15 which is what I have.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
Everyone is complaining about the blitzing and I did notice that when I played at the football game Friday. The defense sacks your QB in like 2 seconds. No time to set up anything.

Not true. The big difference seems to be how much better high end linemen are on both sides of the ball. Elite pass rushers can run through a mediocre line, but have trouble when matched against good guards. In 16, I didn't see much value in good pass rushers as they were rarely able to break through the line.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Not true. The big difference seems to be how much better high end linemen are on both sides of the ball. Elite pass rushers can run through a mediocre line, but have trouble when matched against good guards. In 16, I didn't see much value in good pass rushers as they were rarely able to break through the line.

Yup.

I play with the Dolphins and the Cowboys.

World of difference between a bad line and a great line.

I can usually hold onto the football for 4-5 seconds with Romo waiting for someone to get open. Not the case with the Dolphins. By then it's a sack or I'm scrambling and still getting sacked.

On the flip side, Suh and Wake can cause havoc on the left side of the D-line, while no one on Dallas can make a lot of impact against the run or pass.

Sep 19, 2008
I only played two quarters at the football game. Good to see its different with different teams.

Considering this Madden.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Anyone that's looking to do a franchise with the Rams, don't.

Apparently after the first year you move out of the Coliseum into a new generic stadium where the Rams logo isn't present anywhere to be seen besides at midfield, Madden logo's everywhere.

The worst part? The generic new stadium carries over the Coliseum's dated low amenity attributes and you're **** out of luck trying to fix that.

Last edited:

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
It's the same every year for me. Always so tempted to buy Madden, but know that I get bored after a week of playing. Not that the game is bad, just sports games always excite me for a few days then take a quick nose dive .

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I'm gonna post here but I've been having major EA Server problems...as in, I can't even connect.

I was fine back in April, but went away for four months for work. Came back a couple weeks ago and have yet to be able to connect any EA Server, be it Madden 16, Fifa 16, NHL 16, or Madden 17.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss. My NAT is Open as it always has been.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Fumble rate is absurd online.

Even QB's who are legit threats with their legs like Cam and Wilson will fumble if they're so much as breathed on.

Only complaint with it so far. Otherwise it's pretty good. Especially the fact the AI in career mode isn't pee wee level on higher difficulties.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I started a franchise and played my first preseason game to get a feel. Seems like a solid game, but man was I terrible. :laugh:

I gotta get back into it, first two drives ended in INT's, one was a horrible throw on my part in double coverage, and another was a tipped ball that was some bad luck. I really down like holding down LB and LT for high and low passes, I liked using the stick more, but oh well.

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
How is the franchise mode?
Have they fixed the draft?

The draft is the same as last year. Franchise is the same with the exception of a few new stylized menus and allowing you to sign players to the practice squad.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The soundtrack is awful. Truly awful. Gameplay feels similar, but I like it. It will be enough to scratch my football itch at times throughout the season.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
LOL so I see some found some glitches.

Didn't know you could edit any player in Franchise. From Height, ratings and potential.

Been using that to tweak other teams rosters(fairly). So no more starting some 32 year old plug over your high first rounder pick because of one overall point.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Apparently there's a glitch too in H2H online that basically shows the opponent what play you're running when they go to expanded field view (hitting LT/L2).

The way it works is how the game displays your players as they line up; if the names of your WR's show up on your opponent's screen, it means he's passing. If they don't, it's a run.

A scrub beat me with this last night and he jumped literally every run/3 step drop back pass i called, later sending me a message "lol i can see ur plays ******." Pisses me off because i totally shut down his offense and lost 10-7 because of that. (Might have won it if two fumbles went my way, but alas)

Proof:

Funny how people found this in the EA Access trial and they still didn't fix it. It's been spotted in both MUT and normal H2H, probably best to avoid online play until they do something about it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Could anyone check if you can play local co-op offline for me in a season, franchise, or whatever?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad