Madden 17 XBox1 PS4

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I downloaded a scouting tool off operations sports website and I'm having a great time with this game.
Just sent Tom Brady & Bill Belichick out on top winning the Super Bowl and now heading to the off-season.

Also re-located the Jaguars and had a fantastic draft using the tool, and getting ready to head into the second season with a revamped roster.

I am nowhere near good enough to learn how to glitch or anything; but I think the game plays pretty darn well. I wish I could figure out how to defend the pass better. I really enjoy the actual gameplay and scouting/roster building. And I think the commentary is fantastic. I hope that NHL can get to this level next year.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Defending the pass is tough on Franchise IMO(all madden)

Redid the Cowboys secondary, drafted corners with Man 2 Man traits and press coverage.

#1 corner is 92 speed, 82 Play awareness, 93 Man coverage, 88 press.
#2 corner is 95 speed, 80 PA, 90 MC, 85 press. And other key attributes over 80/90 for both.
Nickel corner has similar stats as well. Spent 2 years drafting secondary high and hit on two superstar talented d-backs.

They get beat like drums against any receiver. I notice if the CPU defend runs an in route/crossing, he gains a sudden burst of separation and then my corner does a desperation dive and misses. So what is a 5 yard catch turns into a 20 yard RAC.

Still am having fun in the game, IMO best Madden yet gameplay wise, but every QB can torch my secondary which consist of players ranging in the 85-93 overall range. A bit annoying when the receiver is clearly inferior attribute wise but still beats me over and over.

Zone is only good for stopping RAC, for me. Easy completions but at least the defender isn't diving after air.

They need to bring back RFA rights in franchise.

Edit: anyone seeing a lot of 300lb 4-3 defensive ends?

I know that doesn't mean I have to play them there, but there's been some drafts where there would be only 3-4 legit 4-3 defensive ends that are worth their draft grade.

Last edited:

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Here may be a dumb question: why is the Joe Gibbs inspired counter trey surprisingly absent, at least to my knowledge, from the game? I can't seem to find it in any version of Madden.

Sep 19, 2008
Is there any way to standardize the statistics? Every other game in franchise has 15 minute quarters but I have 6 minute quarters. Of corse my statistics are going to be worse compared to the rest of the league :laugh:

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Is there any way to standardize the statistics? Every other game in franchise has 15 minute quarters but I have 6 minute quarters. Of corse my statistics are going to be worse compared to the rest of the league :laugh:

thats the good thing about NBA 2K i think they standardize the stats

honestly pretty surprised sports games havent done that. But at the same time you could score a lot in NHL and NFL and it could look a little wild

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
thats the good thing about NBA 2K i think they standardize the stats

honestly pretty surprised sports games havent done that. But at the same time you could score a lot in NHL and NFL and it could look a little wild

In 2K it's an option presented to you to set the sim game minutes.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
For me even with the super fast time I still get good stats. Lol

I don't own this game. But now I want it. Might wait until later this year or see how the next one looks like

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
If you're on xbox, ea access will probably have it a couple weeks after the superbowl

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
Last football game I played was madden 15 I think and wasn't impressed, but madden 17 was on sale for $39.99 for the holidays on the psn store so I bought it and have been playing it almost every day, awesome game

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
Started a franchise with the Lions (wanted to pick a team that had never won the Super Bowl). I usually sim all of the season but I do play the big moments here and there. Really like that feature they have added.

Simmed through the first season made a couple of trades (Theo Riddick to the Dolphins for some 2018 picks, Riley Reiff to the Titans for Jack Conklin)

Ended up going 2-14. REALLY rough first year. Offence was ranked near the bottom of the league with my offensive line filled with rookies giving up 68 sacks! Stafford never got hurt it's a miracle really. Defence stunk as well, couldn't stop the pass at all. I had only one Pro Bowler in Deandre Levy and thought Golden Tate might get a Pro Bowl spot as he had over 1000 yards and 11 TD but he got snubbed.

Needless to say Jim Caldwell got his walking papers after the season ended. I promised the fans big changes as owner. Funny story, Chuck Pagano got fired as Colts head coach and I fired Caldwell. I end up hiring Pagano and Caldwell gets hired by the Colts. We literally traded coaches.

Patriots beat the Packers 33-28 in the Super Bowl. Brady retired after winning the Super Bowl. Ben Rothlisberger won MVP as he threw for 40 TD and 10 INT's. JJ Watt and William Hayes ended up with 21 sacks apiece. Leading INT guy was 9 (I want to say Chris Harris got it but can't remember)

I didn't even end up with 1st overall pick as the 49ers had an even worse year going 0-16. Raiders and Falcons played their last home games in their old stadiums.....will be interesting to see if any teams get moved in the next couple of years.

The good thing I've got going for me is I have a ton of money to spend as I overhaul the roster. Got lots of work to do and the Free Agency didn't really yield any impactful players (Martellus Bennett at 86 was the highest rated player). Made a couple of minor signings for some depth moves but looking at the next couple of drafts to really rebuild the team.

Really enjoying franchise mode thus far and can't wait to do the draft. Probably going to be trading down from 2nd overall and accumulating more draft picks as I have holes all through my lineup at this stage.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
It's been a while since I played this game. I want to start my second season in franchise mode. I want to get Richard Sherman. What would it take to get him? Yes, my team is the Rams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad