News Article: MacTavish: Inside my three-month whirlwind stint in the KHL

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Great read thanks for posting that. I could actually see Mac T coaching in the CHL somewhere. Loved him as a player, loved his coaching and antics in the 06 cup run and actually think he could thrive in the CHL.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Craig mactavish seems like a good guy in general. Especially compared to Kevin Lowe. Russia would eat him alive as a Russian I say this.

I ran into Craig MacTavish a few years ago in Seattle, went up to him said we were from Edmonton and asked for a photo (yes, Oilers fanboy). After the photo I wanted to leave him alone so he could continue on his day but he talked our ears off for awhile about hockey, teams he was scouting, where he had been and were he was going. We were genuinely trying to leave him alone after annoying him already but he kept talking to us and he clearly loved hockey and loved talking about it. Super nice guy.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Jokes aside, this man belongs on tsn or sportsnet.

He's so much better than Burke, who pretends he's a tough guy.
MacT played a thousand games in the show, he's got nothing to prove as an old man.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I ran into Craig MacTavish a few years ago in Seattle, went up to him said we were from Edmonton and asked for a photo (yes, Oilers fanboy). After the photo I wanted to leave him alone so he could continue on his day but he talked our ears off for awhile about hockey, teams he was scouting, where he had been and were he was going. We were genuinely trying to leave him alone after annoying him already but he kept talking to us and he clearly loved hockey and loved talking about it. Super nice guy.

So what you're saying is he disclosed sensitive corporate information to a bunch of random strangers? :sarcasm:

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
In spite of everything.. I've always liked MacT. While I'm not especially keen to see him gifted another spot within the organization (guess I shouldn't say that given who's in charge and the nepotism he exhibits to all these 'good ol' boy Oilers') I hope he finds his footing again. Good read.

Reactions: La Bamba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad