News Article: MacTavish: Inside my three-month whirlwind stint in the KHL

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Yeah I read it earlier this morning and had a laugh when MacT writes about zoning out on his GM when his GM was going off on him in Russian. Reminded me of when I was back in school and getting heck from the teachers in detention for something stupid I had done earlier. Also the part about his mentally assigning Edmonton media names to the Russian media grilling him. I guess no Russian reporter was asking stupid questions so there was no Jim Matheson.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
He sucks. He suuuucks. He suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I expected all this stuff to happen but I didn’t change any way to prepare for it. Lol

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If this management / leadership discussion is starting to sound too theoretical, I apologize. I paid $75,000 to Queen’s University for a MBA program and you’re going to have to suffer through it.

In other words: screw you, HF! ;)

Reactions: Todd Parchment

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wish I coulda bet someone money he would find a way to mention his EMBA in this :)

Entertaining article in any case.

Reactions: ClinicallyOilered

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He sucks. He suuuucks. He suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I expected all this stuff to happen but I didn’t change any way to prepare for it. Lol
Pretty much.

He admitted that he essentially had no intention of keeping the job. Things are run differently in Russia? Who knew?

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
And now MacT is laughing all the way to the bank and returning to his familiar surroundings.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lotta very petty people in this thread ,particularly given its just a humorous story about a guy coaching in a totally foreign environment.
It's a story about a guy who went to Russia completely unwilling to conform to the expectations of his employer. Yep, there's some humor there from both sides.

As an aside, it's pretty interesting to see the part about crucifying Russian-born players to motivate them. Konovalev is gonna be a really interesting prospect. He'll be well prepared for the fishbowl in Edmonton.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad