News Article: MacT gets into shouting match with fan, insists success is coming

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Kreuger had a record of 19-22 with a worse team and no TC not to mention very few practices in a compressed schedule. His PK and PP were in the top half of the league. All this while only playing against the tougher WC. How anyone can deny he was a better coach than Eakins has been so far boggles my mind.
Everyone lost the benefits of a training camp, and when you play a system as loose as ours there is little benefit to having a training camp. Also most of our players were playing in other leagues, the other players had to get back up to speed and as the season went by we got progressively worse compared to everyone else, largely cause teams were getting there systems in place and there players were back in game shape. I'd take back Krueger as an assistant coach or a special teams coach in an instant, but I don't think he cuts it as a head coach in this league. Eakins ability to cut it as a head coach is very much up in the air, with the case looking progressively worse, I think he has done a lot of hard work in teaching our team to play better defensively which is a hard thing to do cause the majority of the players on our team don't really want to put the effort in on learning to play proper defense or the hard work required to actually play strong defensively on a nightly basis.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Looks like the Oilers are aware of the "Lowe must go" Facebook page. The creator was going to sell the "Fire Lowe" bumper stickers at Caffrey's tonight but Oilers PR put a stop to that because the bar is affliated with Molson. They've moved to Pourhouse on Whyte and then are heading to Rexall to sell them outside the LRT station after the game.

man, this deserves its own thread. unbelievable.

yet another keystone cops rexall security routine.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
One of the guys handing them outside Rexall got a one year ban (good luck enforcing that): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...996.1073741827.572084662876293&type=1&theater

:laugh:

Civil disobediance says the movement should spread and get a 100 people handing out the things. Then what?

Absolute security morons. Typical of this insular Lowe regime.

What if this guy was a season ticket holder? I'd consider taking it to court.

How could this ban be justified? Thats the whole thing, its unjustifiable.

Last edited:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I wish we had big ice up here. Or even good ice.:laugh:
It would be nice to get the real story on the ice once and for all.

Tonight the Pens broadcast crew mentioned the great ice in Edmonton. They referenced the fact that it has slipped in quality from what it once was, but they said in spite of that the Pens players were all raving about the ice after their skate, presumably that morning.

Surely the broadcast crew wouldn't reference conversations that never happened. Maybe the ice here isn't as bad as we think?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Tonight the Pens broadcast crew mentioned the great ice in Edmonton. They referenced the fact that it has slipped in quality from what it once was, but they said in spite of that the Pens players were all raving about the ice after their skate, presumably that morning.

Surely the broadcast crew wouldn't reference conversations that never happened. Maybe the ice here isn't as bad as we think?

I've been attending some games again this year. You can see big ruts from the nosebleeds. Ruts that are pretty much unaltered after the ice is flooded. Alternately theres areas of soft ice, and areas that chip excessively.

You see many other things too. The ice being scraped, repaired at every commercial timeout or other break. You also see several players a game "blowing a tire" unexpectedly due to ice conditions. You see more of this at the game because you are seeing the whole ice all the time vs televised where some of the falls would go un noticed and out of camera view.

I even think the ice is contributing to injuries due to players awkwardly twisting, falling, when they hit a rut or bad patch of ice.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Iirc, there was a players poll done either during the lockout last season or towards the end of the previous season on where the best ice in the league was and Rexall was still number one.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Civil disobediance says the movement should spread and get a 100 people handing out the things. Then what?

Absolute security morons. Typical of this insular Lowe regime.

What if this guy was a season ticket holder? I'd consider taking it to court.

How could this ban be justified? Thats the whole thing, its unjustifiable.

This type of thing makes me want to drop my seasons tickets. Almost certainly this will be my last year after being a holder for 15 years now. Time to move on to tier 2 or even tier 3 status.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
This type of thing makes me want to drop my seasons tickets. Almost certainly this will be my last year after being a holder for 15 years now. Time to move on to tier 2 or even tier 3 status.

Yeah I'll jump ship unless huge changes come about before renewal. This amount of suck is not worth the pain waiting for a new arena. That thing won't even sell out for them at this point; I'm not too concerned about ever getting tickets if I wanted them.

Just upgraded to great lower bowl seats too :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad