Value of: MacKinnon to Edmonton

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Colorado already tried this. They fleeced the Sens and dumped Duchene. Be sure the Avs would dump MacKinnon if they got Duchene Deal +++. Do the Oilers have enough assets to get this deal done? McDavid has great chemistry with MacKinnon.

So what assets would the Oilers have to give up to make this deal happen?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
if you aren't looking to deal McDavid, it would probably take Drai and an unprotected 1st plus Nuge or Klefbom

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Colorado trading MacKinnon?
One of the best young talents in the world who is signed to a ridiculously team friendly contract.
Hell no.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Without delving into why the idea of Mack > McDavid due to contracts is idiotic - one dynamic i'll bring up that rarely gets discussed when comparing the 2 players is this:

1. Put McDavid on any team in the league - Montreal, Arizona, Tampa, Toronto....i'm confident he produces as much as he does now, maybe a bit less/bit more.

2. Put MacKinnon on any team in the league - like Montreal, Arizona or Detroit for example - and i'm not sure how he does. It took him a few years to get going, and his chemistry with Ranta obviously has helped propel him to a new level. I'd have much less faith in Mack's ability to replicate that level of play outside of Colorado than I would McDavid in a similar situation.

Bottom line - as fantastic as MacKinnon has been as a player the past 2 seasons - he's probably not worth overpaying for in a trade as I feel there might be some risk in him replicating his play elsewhere. I don't think there's a similar risk involved if you overpay to trade for McDavid

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Colorado already tried this. They fleeced the Sens and dumped Duchene. Be sure the Avs would dump MacKinnon if they got Duchene Deal +++. Do the Oilers have enough assets to get this deal done? McDavid has great chemistry with MacKinnon.

Simple question. Why would the avs want Duchene over MacK ? Duchene will cost more to sogn then MacK . Plus the Avs already had Duchene and moved on from him .

Reactions: Spilot23

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I posted we should of traded Draisaitl for MacK a little over a year ago and many Oil were against it. Now with MacK breaking out it’s simply not happening.

He has the best contract in the league. It would take a package like the original Lindros trade now.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Without delving into why the idea of Mack > McDavid due to contracts is idiotic - one dynamic i'll bring up that rarely gets discussed when comparing the 2 players is this:

1. Put McDavid on any team in the league - Montreal, Arizona, Tampa, Toronto....i'm confident he produces as much as he does now, maybe a bit less/bit more.

2. Put MacKinnon on any team in the league - like Montreal, Arizona or Detroit for example - and i'm not sure how he does. It took him a few years to get going, and his chemistry with Ranta obviously has helped propel him to a new level. I'd have much less faith in Mack's ability to replicate that level of play outside of Colorado than I would McDavid in a similar situation.

Bottom line - as fantastic as MacKinnon has been as a player the past 2 seasons - he's probably not worth overpaying for in a trade as I feel there might be some risk in him replicating his play elsewhere. I don't think there's a similar risk involved if you overpay to trade for McDavid

I doubt there would be any serious risk. He had great chemistry with RNH. Would be unreal playing behind McDavid. We simply couldn’t afford the cost.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017

Really?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I hear a few Oilers prospects in the AHL played on a team that has an 11 game win streak so maybe a couple of them and a 2nd should do the job?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I`d guess a package like this would get it done:

-Draisaitl
-2019 1st
-2020 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad