Friedman: Mackinnon injury might force Avs to go big game hunting sooner rather than later ( Toews, Horvat)

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Friedman says he knows AVS are going to go for an all in trade at some point this season and he was convinced the moves were going to be later in the season, however with the Mackinnon injury, he thinks the timeline may be accelerated on when that move is going to happen whether its on Toews or Horvat.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
They were waiting due to cap reasons. I don't see how they can fit someone under the cap unless someone is out for the rest of the regular season.

Reactions: Marshall

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Lehkonen is expected back this week, and Nichushkin is expected back this weekend, right? They definitely still need a top 6 center if Nate is out for significant time. I wonder if Rantanen will slide over for now.

Reactions: BHD

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Unless Mackinnon is out the rest of the regular season this doesn't really change what the Av's can do or am I wrong on that?

Maybe it just means the AVS would be more willing to add assets now for the trade partner to retain or take back salary.

Horvat for example at 50% retained and Avs send back a cap dump to even out the rest of the Horvat Salary. That seems do-able. of course the price will cost more for the Avs with Horvat being retained.

Well, Horvat is by far the biggest name available in the league right now. and his value keeps rising.

is he actually available though?

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Maybe it just means the AVS would be more willing to add assets now for the trade partner to retain or take back salary.

Horvat for example at 50% retained and Avs send back a cap dump to even out the rest of the Horvat Salary. That seems do-able. of course the price will cost more for the Avs with Horvat being retained.

is he actually available though?
The only way he isn't is if we go on a hot streak and FA says he'd rather lose him for nothing and try to make the playoffs than trade him and start losing. All current and past Managements issues start at FA being a worthless POS. FA wants quick fixes, and forces management to try and find one.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Do the Avs have the pieces for a Horvat deal?

Starts with a 1st rounder, young right hand D? +

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
If Horvat is dealt, I think he'll end up in Carolina.

Colorado doesn't have the assets to make a trade, and I doubt that they would be willing to trade Byram.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
If Horvat is dealt, I think he'll end up in Carolina.

Colorado doesn't have the assets to make a trade, and I doubt that they would be willing to trade Byram.
Colorado does, But Carolina has Morrow which is a more important asset to Vancouver than anything Colorado has. Outside Morrow (if he is as off the table as fans think) they aren't more competitive with assets than Colorado.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
You’re one year too late. The Avs already gave away all their RHD prospects.
I like guys like Newhook but i doubt they can be dealt…. Jsut think LA such a better fit with their surplus’s of d men

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad