Rumor: Mackenzie Weegar available?

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

Dubas right now:
maxresdefault.jpg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm hoping for a guy like David Savard, I have heard good things about Weeger but Rielly needs a Partner I doubt Weeger is that guy

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'm hoping for a guy like David Savard, I have heard good things about Weeger but Rielly needs a Partner I doubt Weeger is that guy
We need more than one RHD. Weegar could easily play 2nd or 3rd pairing with Muzzin or Dermott/Lehtonen.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Interesting. He plays on the left, and who knows what his contract demands are. I'm not too fond of the idea of Weegar to Toronto.

Edit: to be clear, he does shoot right. Just commonly plays left.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Toronto needs to grab a dman so the defence doesn't look like total shit if Muzzin or Rielly are injured.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Interesting. He plays on the left, and who knows what his contract demands are. I'm not too fond of the ifea of Weegar to Toronto.

Weird, I thought he played on the right. Explains the "good partner with Ekblad" confusion I was having.

Seems less than ideal for Toronto then. Maybe Montreal?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I don't think this is happening just because Florida needs to bring in 1-2 dmen as is and so trading their 2nd best guy doesn't make much sense.
Avs need a RHD and have a surplus of LHD's.

Conversely, Florida need a LHD and have several RHD's.

Something around Zadorov/Graves/Cole and Weegar?

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Weird, I thought he played on the right. Explains the "good partner with Ekblad" confusion I was having.

Seems less than ideal for Toronto then. Maybe Montreal?

I just added an edit to be clearer. He is a right shot, but commonly plays the left side.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Toronto needs help on D. Seems like an obvious team to link available D to, especially if guys like Friedman have heard rumours indicating that. Not sure what the issue is.

The Leafs are the only team that might be interested in this type of player?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Friedman didn't even say Toronto was looking at him lol. He literally says "he's what Toronto needs". Does Dubas take tips for Friedman? lolll

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The Leafs are the only team that might be interested in this type of player?
Uh, nope? He didn't say Toronto was the only team that would be interested. The fake outrage is really silly.

Are the two Alberta teams the only ones interested in Markstrom?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad