Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
DMac to Florida

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 35s View translation
#CBJ Derek MacKenzie to Florida

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I am beginning to question Jarmo's roster mgt. This strikes me as totally stupid unless he got like 5 yrs at 3 mill or so.

best of luck to D-Mac.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Hockey wise, I'm sure this isn't as big a deal as we'll make it out to be but chemistry wise, I'm nervous.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
No! Stupid stupid stupid... DMac was one of the best 4th line centers in the league.

IHeartZherdev*

I am beginning to question Jarmo's roster mgt. This strikes me as totally stupid unless he got like 5 yrs at 3 mill or so.

best of luck to D-Mac.

Not overpaying an aging, replaceable fourth liner is a sign of good roster management.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

best of luck to D-Mac.

Why not wait until you actually know something about the contract before rendering judgement? DMac has to do what's best for him, not us, and Jarmo has many competing priorities to balance in building his roster. I wanted MacKenzie back, but this may be his last contract, so I really hope it's a good one!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Why not wait until you actually know something about the contract before rendering judgement? DMac has to do what's best for him, not us, and Jarmo has many competing priorities to balance in building his roster. I wanted MacKenzie back, but this may be his last contract, so I really hope it's a good one!

3 years, $3.9 million. Oh, it's a good one.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I assume CBJ wanted to go 2 years /$2.5 million (if they wanted him at all). DMac gets an extra year with FL.

SO GLAD WE HAVE SPACE FOR TROPP AND BLOL NOW

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
It wouldn't have been smart for us to give him 3 years. We need to make room for our prospects in the next year or two.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Deal is 3 years / $3.9 million. $1.3 AAV.

Now that I know it is even dumber imo. Jarmo must be one of those buyouts are stupid guys. Couldn't fit the last .9 or so over two years into the cap down the road if necessary. I mean the guy busted his ass for the Jackets. I sure hope the ???-Letestu-Boll line is as good as this past years' 4th line. :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad