Trade: Mack to Bears for 2 first rounders

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Still mad sf didn't give up a similar package. They have the assets, too.

I salivate imagining teams trying to block Mack outside AND Buckner up the middle. They'd have no chance.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I salivate imagining teams trying to block Mack outside AND Buckner up the middle. They'd have no chance.
At the time, yes. But, having Jimmy tear his ACL puts them in the running for a top 7/8 pick in the draft. Since the Raiders are headed to Vegas, I would hope that they wouldn't care that he's in SF.

Paul Gunther, the DC is dumping most of what GM McKenzie drafted. There's not many guys left on Defense on their rookie contracts. The SS Obi M is likely cut once he's off IR, Karl Joseph, the FS has played very little this year. The entire D is going through a transition.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

You would think SF is the LAST team in the league that would need Kalil Mack. Is seems like all they do is draft pass rushers. Weren't Armstead, Buckner and Thomas drafted back to back to back?

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm still sad that the Rams couldn't get him, even if their plan was just to have him for one season. That D would be absolutely monstrous.

They had already given up a fair amount of picks for Cooks & Talib.

Plus it would be hard to fit that monster contract with Donald + Gurley + Cooks new deals and incoming extensions for Goff & Peters.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You would think SF is the LAST team in the league that would need Kalil Mack. Is seems like all they do is draft pass rushers. Weren't Armstead, Buckner and Thomas drafted back to back to back?
Armstead and Buckner are NT's. Buckner has been great as he's always been, and without a phantom illegal contact in the gb game he would be sitting at 5.5 sacks with next to no help. Thomas has been a disappointment so far.

Sep 19, 2008
The Bears aren't going to win their division in the next two years. I'm not convinced they're even a playoff team.

Cheers.

:huh:

Saints
Falcons
Eagles
Rams
Vikings
Panthers

Those are 6 teams I think are definitely better than the Bears.

Then you have the Packers, Cowboys, Washington, and 49ers who might be as well. Cant see the Bears making the playoffs unless Trubisky makes the type of jump Wentz did from year 1 to year 2.

Falcons, Eagles, Vikings, and Panthers all finished with worse records than The Bear.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Elite QB's!

*looks at the final 4 QB's last year*
Brady
Bortles
Keenum
Foles

I know this is a website that is infatuated with "muh futures" (it's in the name of the site afterall) but adding a Khalil Mack is a big game changer. Chicago are now a very relevant team.

Are they gonna make a SB run? No.
Could they be int he playoffs? Absolutely.
There is a better chance they make the playoffs than bottom out and be a 2-3 win team (which is what Oakland would need to happen to save face in this deal)
for once I got a hot take right!

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Because elite QB's are everything and are the best predictor for success.

The Packers have Rodgers (and an improved roster, imo) , the Bears do not.

The Vikings have Cousins (not an elite QB , but better than Trubisky, imo) and a vastly superior roster.

The Lions aren't pushovers either and have Stafford. Who is guess what? Better than Mitchell T.

The Bears are nowheres near good enough to sacrifice two 1st's. This deal has huge backfire potential, imo. By the time they're good enough Mack will likely be ending his prime --- and if that's the case , what's the damn point?

Take the two top 15 picks, Oakland.
Lol

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Because elite QB's are everything and are the best predictor for success.

The Packers have Rodgers (and an improved roster, imo) , the Bears do not.

The Vikings have Cousins (not an elite QB , but better than Trubisky, imo) and a vastly superior roster.

The Lions aren't pushovers either and have Stafford. Who is guess what? Better than Mitchell T.

The Bears are nowheres near good enough to sacrifice two 1st's. This deal has huge backfire potential, imo. By the time they're good enough Mack will likely be ending his prime --- and if that's the case , what's the damn point?

Take the two top 15 picks, Oakland.

Hahaha

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Cheers. I got that one wrong for sure. I didn't foresee the Packers having a disastrous season. I didn't think Nagy would be so beneficial for Trubisky (still not sold on him at all , but we'll see) and I thought the Vikings had a better roster (still not convinced they don't).

Hands up, the Bears have been really good. I'll eat my crow.

That said, I'm not convinced the Bears will do anything in the playoffs in the next two years, but we'll see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Packers come out firing next season if they get the right HC and have another strong draft. I'm sure you guys will make a point of quoting me if I'm wrong, though.

Reactions: Winger98

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Cheers. I got that one wrong for sure. I didn't foresee the Packers having a disastrous season. I didn't think Nagy would be so beneficial for Trubisky (still not sold on him at all , but we'll see) and I thought the Vikings had a better roster (still not convinced they don't).

Hands up, the Bears have been really good. I'll eat my crow.

That said, I'm not convinced the Bears will do anything in the playoffs in the next two years, but we'll see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Packers come out firing next season if they get the right HC and have another strong draft. I'm sure you guys will make a point of quoting me if I'm wrong, though.

Isn’t the Packers roster pretty old and lacking depth? If they bring in a Caldwell or Pagano plus a pick in the 15-20 range, I don’t see that turning things around for them.

Theyre in a weird spot IMO, I don’t think that roster is good or deep enough to compete for 2-3 years and I don’t know if they want to waste 2-3 years of Rodgers at this point. So what do you do?

The Vikings will never win with Cousins being the QB, he’s just a stat padding loser.

The NFC is wide open IMO every team has their flaws.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
GB has some nice young pieces to build around on offense at skill positions

RB Aaron Jones (24)
RB Jamaal Williams (23)
WR Davante Adams (26)
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (24)
WR Equanimeous St. Brown (22)
WR Geronimo Allison (24)

And on D they actually have some real good young talent

CB Jaire Alexander (21)
CB Kevin King (23)
CB Josh Jackson (22)
CB/S Jermaine Whitehead (25)
S Josh Jones (24)
S Kentrell Brice (24)
LB Kyler Fackrell (27)
LB Antonio Morrison (24)
LB Reggie Gilbert (25)
LB Blake Martinez (24)
DL Tyler Lancaster (24)
DE Dean Lowry (24)
DE Montravious Adams (23)
DT Kenny Clark (23)

Some of these guys have already shown a lot at this level others are projects in need of development but the Packers roster isn't really that old

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Teams that are better than the Bears as of this moment;

Vikings
Packers (the Rodgers factor)

Saints
Panthers
Falcons

Rams

Teams that will likely be around the Bears level;

Lions
Niners
Seahawks (They had a putrid roster on paper last year and still managed to win 9 games)

Rip Rodgers factor

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
GB has some nice young pieces to build around on offense at skill positions

RB Aaron Jones (24)
RB Jamaal Williams (23)
WR Davante Adams (26)
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (24)
WR Equanimeous St. Brown (22)
WR Geronimo Allison (24)

And on D they actually have some real good young talent

CB Jaire Alexander (21)
CB Kevin King (23)
CB Josh Jackson (22)
CB/S Jermaine Whitehead (25)
S Josh Jones (24)
S Kentrell Brice (24)
LB Kyler Fackrell (27)
LB Antonio Morrison (24)
LB Reggie Gilbert (25)
LB Blake Martinez (24)
DL Tyler Lancaster (24)
DE Dean Lowry (24)
DE Montravious Adams (23)
DT Kenny Clark (23)

Some of these guys have already shown a lot at this level others are projects in need of development but the Packers roster isn't really that old

Only about 4 of those defensive players are legit players. The rest are replacement level.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
With the Bears on pace to give the #14 pick to the Raiders and the Bears looking pretty bad, this trade is looking like an expensive bet.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With the Bears on pace to give the #14 pick to the Raiders and the Bears looking pretty bad, this trade is looking like an expensive bet.
Elite Defenders can only do so much. Still need to O to at least consistently move the football to win TOP and keep the D fresh if they can’t put up points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad