Value of: MacDermid to Montreal

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Montréal don't want Amber fighting each night.
With new addition in their division he will be tested for sure.
Normal Montréal want to protect him. But if I got the choice I choose Deslauriers because he's a better player than Macdermid.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
But that's kind of the point, he can play D and both wings and there's no downside to putting him in the press box for 60 games. Sole purpose is to take the pressure off of Xhekaj when playing more physical teams. My other thought was Matt Martin but doubt the Isles would move him
Wifi is a better fighter than Martin

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Xhekaj wouldn't have to fight as much if he didn't have to answer for his own questionable actions.

But OP probably doesn't want to hear that.

KraftD

Sep 8, 2010
MacDermid has not been the same since his last fight against Lucic. on 02/25/23.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
delete

Xhekaj wouldn't have to fight as much if he didn't have to answer for his own questionable actions.

But OP probably doesn't want to hear that.

Attachments

• wah.jpeg
    wah.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 2

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
IMO Xhekaj should not be fighting guys like Reeves and Lucic or other heavyweights. He’s a legit player in his own right, and should only fight in the right circumstances.

I don't think Xhekaj has any concerns whatsoever about dropping the gloves with Reeves and Lucic. They are both old men and they are not bigger than he is.

I suspect Reeves and Lucic are more concerned about having to deal with Xhekaj than the other way around.

Reeves and Lucic are at the end of their careers well past the date where they were the feared fighters in the league, get serious.

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
DLO is the right guy for the job!

Dont know if a B prospect like Norlinder can be enough 1v1 ?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I think the point of Xhekaj playing everyday is to deal with the biggest dogs.
I definitely think the organization disagrees and a point of emphasis for him this upcoming season is fighting less so he can remain on the ice. He's a much better player than most of the other guys who are in his weight class, and the ability to snatch a man's soul should be a part of the package, not the whole thing. It's not a matter of Xhekaj being unable to deal with those guys, it's that he shouldn't feel compelled to and he and the team should focus on his development as an actual player, he's a bit of a unicorn and they shouldn't screw it up by having him in the box or hurt half the time

Reactions: malcb33

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Xhekaj could just not fight the biggest dogs. I mean fighting isn't really a major part of hockey anymore. I guess you can argue that throwing hits creates reactions and sometimes you don't get that choice, but it seems like he engages for those more than just having to fight.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I mean, if you are making roster moves out of fear of Lucic and Reaves... something is just wrong in your gameplan from the outset. You should want those guys on the ice against you as much as possible. Don't give them a chance to get off the ice by fighting them. Leave them on. Profit.
:dunno:

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Wayde Simmonds doesnt have an NHL contract because he sucks now not because "he refuses to be a punching bag" :facepalm:
? Didnt say he suck because he refuse to be a punching bag ??? I was responding to someone who suggest to sign Simmonds as our goon, i just say he will not come play on a 4th line to be a punching bag of à bottom team ?????:skeptic:

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
? Didnt say he suck because he refuse to be a punching bag ??? I was responding to someone who suggest to sign Simmonds as our goon, i just say he will not come play on a 4th line to be a punching bag of à bottom team ?????:skeptic:
why woudlnt he if he has no other options? you dont think Simmonds would jump on an NHL offer even if it means playing for a bottom team and whats with this 4th line talk hes been a healthy scratch for the leafs no team will offer him a top 9 role

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad