Celebrity Death: Mac Miller, 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Damn another one ? it's a shame. Wasn't a huge fan of his music but still. Now watch ppl blame Ariana for this...

RIP

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I lost a childhood best friend to addiction a few months ago. This shit really is an epidemic. RIP, Mac.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
never one of my go-to's but I enjoyed some of his music. Way too young, ****'s sad man. RIP.

These lyrics are so much more eerie and sad now considering he didn't even make it to 27:

To everyone who sell me drugs: Don't mix it with that bull****,
I'm hoping not to join the twenty seven club
The shift in his early, upbeat music, to the newer, dark and sad stuff is pretty haunting

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
That’s depressing, especially with the way he’s spoken of this exact fear and issue in the past.
Rest easy Mac.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Never liked his music but always respected the person. I was in Pittsburgh through his whole rise, and it's not a big town, so I'd see his brother around from time to time, decent enough guy. Have a lot of friends who went to school with him. Really weird to relate to a celebrity death in this sorta way.

Little nugget that I think is a testament to his hustle: I went and saw Big KRIT, Freddie Gibbs, and Smoke DZA in like 2011. During his set, DZA brought Mac out for a couple songs and the crowd went nuts...stage right you could see Gibbs meanmugging like "who the hell is this little brat." A couple years later, Mac and Gibbs were making songs together, and Fred was rapping on beats Mac made.

As a goofy-grinned kinda-rich white kid from the 'Burgh, he had to fight pretty hard to get his respect in the rap world. And he worked and earned it. This is sad.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
First celebrity death to really hit me. If you guys haven't checked out 'Swimming' I would, it's really good. It's got some funky tracks and just a really good vibe. I know it's corny to say but it changed my life. RIP legend.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I lost a childhood best friend to addiction a few months ago. This **** really is an epidemic. RIP, Mac.
I feel your pain brother, lost my best friend July 28 2017 from the same thing. Spoke to him the night before and he wanted to meet up, I could tell he was partying hard, so told him I was on my way, and I never showed up. Still think about him almost every day.

Reactions: Dubi Doo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad