GDT: LXXVI | "Corrupted Wish Game Day Thread" | Oilers vs. Ducks | 3.25.18 | 7:30PM | SN1, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He has played there and moved his entire family here. I'll need some legit source claiming he's considered going back

Did you see the rest of my post....maybe you posted before my edit was finished.

Playing careers are limited. It just makes sense for him because (unless his urgency level increases a lot) he will likely always be a bubble NHL player.

Who knows whats really going to happen...if he had the level of try that Cagguila has then he would be a regular middle 6 player...no doubt in my mind.

The reality is though...he doesn't.

Last edited:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Holy this is a long Sunday GDT already. Granted, there are a lot of wishes in this one.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
what does Slepyshev do though?
Caggiula has 12 goals, whil Slepyshev has 11 points.

How often this season has Caggiula been the bearer of bad plays and has been the focus of having a bad shift, period or game. All the while played many more minutes with McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH then Slepychev.

Now how often is Slepychev been the focus of bad play? He's definitely been quiet on the offensive side, but the other aspects of the game he's been much better then Drake. I personally think he would have better offensive stats then Caggiula if given the same opportunity.

Problem I see is McLellan won't give Anton the required play time on the top two lines to get comfortable. He's been mixing things up so often it's hard for anyone to find chemistry together on this team.

Drake's biggest asset right now is his season last year. He played fantastic and deserved to get the nod to play up the lineup at the start of the year. Low and behold Caggiula has regressed and McLellen was to slow to adapt and make the proper lineup changes.

If McLellen is around next year he has to coach much better. The onus is on him to make better decisions all around.

Reactions: booyakasha

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
How often this season has Caggiula been the bearer of bad plays and has been the focus of having a bad shift, period or game. All the while played many more minutes with McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH then Slepychev.

Now how often is Slepychev been the focus of bad play? He's definitely been quiet on the offensive side, but the other aspects of the game he's been much better then Drake. I personally think he would have better offensive stats then Caggiula if given the same opportunity.

Problem I see is McLellan won't give Anton the required play time on the top two lines to get comfortable. He's been mixing things up so often it's hard for anyone to find chemistry together on this team.

Drake's biggest asset right now is his season last year. He played fantastic and deserved to get the nod to play up the lineup at the start of the year. Low and behold Caggiula has regressed and McLellen was to slow to adapt and make the proper lineup changes.

If McLellen is around next year he has to coach much better. The onus is on him to make better decisions all around.

I think that Slepyshevs biggest issue is himself...not McLellan.
Like I said earlier...if he could muster up even 75% of Drakes level of try he would be a much better and more consistent player. He has the talent.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Slepy is nothing special.. Caggiula isnt much either but atleast he is buzzing and hitting when not scoring.

Both belong in the bottom 6.

Reactions: ujju2

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I think that Slepyshevs biggest issue is himself...not McLellan.
Like I said earlier...if he could muster up even 75% of Drakes level of try he would be a much better and more consistent player. He has the talent.

It's very evident that Slepy has it in him to be a very effective middle six winger. But it's only on display once every 5 or 6 games.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It's very evident that Slepy has it in him to be a very effective middle six winger. But it's only on display once every 5 or 6 games.

Exactly. Its frustrating as a fan to watch.
I have only coached minor League hockey/soccer (so this may not even apply here) but if there is one thing I really liked it was a player you could count on. A consistent player who was predictable.
It was nerve wracking to deal with players who were unpredictable...lol
I cant imagine how frustrating it is for a Pro level coach to have a player jump over the boards and never know what you are going to get.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I'll look grumpier than McLellan if the Oilers manage to loose this game against the Ducks after beating LA.

C'mon McD, 3 points, C'mon Draisaitl Duck Killer, get a hat trick.

Lets roast those ducks. I want to see nothing but dead ducks after this tilt.

Hopefully Drai can have a big game because you know the Ducks are going to throw everything at McDavid and the refs will allow a lot to slide. Need Drai to use his size and skill to will his way to creating a couple of goals tonight if the team is to have a chance. He's been hit and miss for the last month or so. When he's good he's excellent, when he isn't good he stands out because of his role. Hopefully he smokes some ducks tonight.

Reactions: Duke74

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hilarious that the team is playing this well now AND they’re getting the calls.

Where was this the first 65 games?

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Oilers with the first PP. We have officially entered the twilight zone...

Edit... Man advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad