GDT: LXXVI | "Corrupted Wish Game Day Thread" | Oilers vs. Ducks | 3.25.18 | 7:30PM | SN1, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Granted. But his new beard has added such animal magnetism and sexual prowess to his persona that Nurse's sister is taken with him and Leon out of jealousy acts rashly and.... shaves Nuge's beard in the middles of the night.

I wish Ethan Bear would score his first goal tonight.

Granted, but he also scores two hat tricks tonight and Chia signs him to a 6 year, 36M dollar extension.

I wish @Soli had a better avatar.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
McDavid has matched Matthews in ES goals over the last 2 years as well.

But, something something Hyman, something something ice time, something something injuries. Whatever, Matthews rules the world.
Matthews screwing up his back early in his career is going to have a big factor on his career , backs feel like they're healed than boom you bend over and boom right back to screwed . It has ruined mnay careers , Tiger woods after multiple surgeries is just now showing former glimpses of himself I doubt it last , it also destroyed Mike Weir career right in it's prime Bossy as well . And Lemieux missed tons of his career because of it. I have feeling Leaf fans will be very dissappointed next few years , but they do have Marner who will be a star on his own.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Granted, but he also scores two hat tricks tonight and Chia signs him to a 6 year, 36M dollar extension.

I wish @Soli had a better avatar.

Granted. The neurosurgeons were able to fix the part of your brain that appreciates beauty. Unfortunately, they couldn't fix everything else wrong with you. ;)

I wish McDavid wins the Rocket this season.

Reactions: Cloned

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Caggiula really has no business being on that 2nd line. Would prefer Slepyshev.

Cagguila has one fewer goal in his last 6 games than Anton Slepyshev has on the season.

I don't think very much of either player, but I can't blame them for going with Drake.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Cagguila has one fewer goal in his last 6 games than Anton Slepyshev has on the season.

I don't think very much of either player, but I can't blame them for going with Drake.

I think Caggiula is perfectly fine as a 3rd of 4th liner. Slepy I expected more of. At this point I'd rather give his roster spot to Rattie, Aberg, etc. Plus Yamo probably makes the team next season, and we hopefully pick up another winger. Don't think Slepy has a future with this org, nor do I think he stays in NA much longer, unless he's willing to play in the AHL. But could see him just go home to Russia to play in the KHL. Just all speculation on my part, however. At the very least, it would be better to sign a speedy winger who can kill PPs in his spot. Slepy just doesn't have much utility.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
what does Slepyshev do though?
Caggiula has 12 goals, whil Slepyshev has 11 points.
Caggiula has always been given better minutes than Slepy. Slepy is more effective and has been good with Draisaitl in the past.

I can't count how many times I've seen Caggiula cause on off-side because he doesn't think quick enough. Slep makes the simple plays.

Reactions: McCanovin

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
In terms of rivalries the Ducks have to be at the top of the list.
I mean its fun to beat the Flames but its much more satisfying to beat the Ducks. :nod:

Especially if McDavid can embarrass them.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Caggiula has always been given better minutes than Slepy. Slepy is more effective and has been good with Draisaitl in the past.

I can't count how many times I've seen Caggiula cause on off-side because he doesn't think quick enough. Slep makes the simple plays.

He only ever makes the simple plays, and it's why he doesn't score at all. At least Caggiula takes a risk once in a while that results in some offence. I like the idea of Slepyshev, but he just doesn't bring enough.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
He only ever makes the simple plays, and it's why he doesn't score at all. At least Caggiula takes a risk once in a while that results in some offence. I like the idea of Slepyshev, but he just doesn't bring enough.
I disagree. I think Slepyshev is the better player in almost every part of the game other than hitting. A bigger threat to score.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I agree with this.
Slepyshev never does more than show flashes of what he could be. Cagguila may not have the natural ability like Slepyshev but he has a hell of a lot more try. He seems to want it more. That matters.

I like Slepyshev but his inconsistency (and lack of fire) will likely spell the end of his NHL career.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Granted. The neurosurgeons were able to fix the part of your brain that appreciates beauty. Unfortunately, they couldn't fix everything else wrong with you. ;)

I wish McDavid wins the Rocket this season.

Granted. Kim Jong Un becomes such a fan of hockey, he awards McDavid with an actual rocket for being the best player (the highest form of appreciation in his mind). Trump labels Connor a potential terrorist threat and bans him from travel to the US. Connor now only plays a 50+ game season (still out scores Matthews).

I wish Kesler, Perry, Getzlaf, Bieksa and Manson all collide into each other on the same shift, knocking them all out.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I agree with this.
Slepyshev never does more than show flashes of what he could be. Cagguila may not have the natural ability like Slepyshev but he has a hell of a lot more try. He seems to want it more. That matters.

I like Slepyshev but his inconsistency (and lack of fire) will likely spell the end of his NHL career.
Slepyshev is the same age as Caggiula. Far from not having a career in the NHL lol

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Slepyshev is the same age as Caggiula. Far from not having a career in the NHL lol

You do realize that Sleyshev is/has been considering playing in the KHL...right?

Why struggle to be a bubble player in the NHL and make entry level money when you can play more minutes in an inferior League (in your home country) and make a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad