GDT: LXXV | "No Country For Old Men" | Oilers vs. Stars | 3.27.15 | 7:30PM | SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
By the looks of the Leafs that's not exactly true.

I would hate to miss out on Hanifin... I've already basically put Eichel/McDavid out of mind because it's pure luck if they get one of them... was holding out hope for Hanifin though.

Leafs have all sorts of problems going on. The players on that team aren't tanking for a better pick. Their tanking because their dressing room seems to be a bit of a mess and their interim coach seems like an oaf.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Hall is such a spark plug. Love it. Makes his teammates have to work harder. Glad he's back. Barely missed a beat since coming back.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
so how many of you are pissed off the oilers are winning?

The way they've played under Nelson, they weren't going to get the top 2 picks anyways. It's a deep draft this year. They're going to get a great player regardless of where they end up.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
had eakins

Honestly, Moreau, Souray, Pitkanen, Lupul, Cole, etc

All of our veterans and 'stars' didn't want to be here. It showed.
Combine that with banking on the wrong kids turning into PPG players and not building the D properly. Remember when we had all offensive defenders? Bad offensive defenders at that.

Dark times.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The way they've played under Nelson, they weren't going to get the top 2 picks anyways. It's a deep draft this year. They're going to get a great player regardless of where they end up.

That's what I think as well. No McEichel sucks, but still quite a great group of guys to draft besides them.

oilz89*

Hall, Eberle, RNH could all be 80+ points next year and we would still be dead.

No hope whatsoever until we get a legit goalie or one comes out of nowhere and Hamburlers it up.

Need D too.

Come on man show a little optimism. MacT could still have a half decent brain. He got Pouliot, Fayne, and Roy didn't he?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
By the looks of the Leafs that's not exactly true.

I would hate to miss out on Hanifin... I've already basically put Eichel/McDavid out of mind because it's pure luck if they get one of them... was holding out hope for Hanifin though.

I think the Leafs would take Strome anyway. I think we're getting a pretty good player either way, not to mention a minuscule chance to get McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad