GDT: LXXIV | "8 Miunutes Before 8" | Oilers @ Stars | 4.3.24 | 7:52PM | SNW/SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
I would feel better about the next game if they would only play like they hated what was going on this game. They haven't though. They are playing like they accept this shit.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
The Stars have an identity. Fast, solid defensively and deep. Our identity is a few good players and a bunch of slow meh players with little to no effort and in some cases balls.
Our identity is to hope that McDavid bail them out. Not working now.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I think they feel they've got second locked up so they lack urgency
I think there’s no real point in them busting their ass this period. What’s the outcome? You are not coming back, you waste a bunch of energy, you risk injury. Just play a passive, low event period and get the hell out of town.

Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
no kidding.
whatever happens in the Reg season has no bearing what happens in the playoffs.
Well. Do you think Nurse is going to all of a sudden stop pinching, stop leaving his position to play forward when we dont have control of the puck in our own zone, and start looking behind him on the pk so he doesnt end up covering nothing? Individual quirks just doesnt go away because its the playoffs and Nurses decision making and awareness has always been a problem.
For example.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I guess you could make the argument that the Oilers are now coasting... essentially have a playoff spot locked up and you could arguably say they are playing at 70-80% each night so as not to burn out before playoffs.

Not saying that's true for certain... but it's a possibility the level of desire/fire for these games down the stretch isn't as high as it could be... because they simply don't want these games as much as if they were fighting fiercely for a playoff spot.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oil can play with Dallas. But no margin for errors.
Same with Colorado etc.
if you want the Oilers to win games that take no margin for errros we will never win them. And it’s why we struggle against good teams. We can skate with them but they just wait on the guarenteed mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad