Speculation: LW targets

which UFA LW should the Leafs target in free agency?

• Total voters

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
with Hyman on his way out, we are being left fairly thin on the left side.

So which realistic (won't include Landeskog or Hall since they are likely out of our price range) LWer would you like see the Leafs target as a replacement?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Tatar sounds like he's available for less than he's worth, and reminds me a lot of Craig Smith signing for cheap with Boston. I think we will see a similarly smart team take a chance on him. I think the Leafs should sign multiple left wingers, but Tatar should be one of them

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Tatar, Schwartz, Hoffman if they come at a decent price.

After that there's a long list of guys I'd take near league minimum. Guys like Getzlaf, Haula, Paquette, Staal, Dzingel, Coleman, Goodrow, Cizikas, Bonino, Granlund, Parise, Saad, Etc.

Pipedream pick would be Ovi coming to town on a cheap 1 year to flank the opposite PP slot to Matthews.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
McGinn is not the answer to our LW but I feel we can get him cheap and he will out perform the contract. He can also be on the PK so would also help in that department.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Coleman and Goodrow are my top 2 targets to replace Hyman. Saad would be a great add to the top 6 as well. If we can somehow get 2 of those guys i'd be over the moon.

Reactions: horner

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Coleman would closely replicate what Hyman did. He’s a better scorer, but not as good on the forecheck or at retrieving pucks. He might be better defensively.

Saad is a super simpler complimentary player. Up and down the wing. Plays his defensive position responsibly. Good finisher, but not creative.

Schwartz is probably the most interesting. At his best, he’s a harder working and grittier version of Nylander. He’s has an unreal shot.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Get Monahan out of Calgary.
Sign Tatar
Move JT to LW.

Tatar Matthews Nylander
JT Monahan Marner

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
The clear answer is Saad.

Grandlund and Goodrow would be nice additions as well

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Tatar for sure. Very good in transition and effective defensively too. Underrated playmaker. He could be a great compliment to Matthews and facilitate a lot of rush chances for him.

Schwartz at the right price I'm a fan of. He's a good two-way guy. Coleman is going to get overpaid. Out on him.

I've seen no one mention Kase. Pre-injury, he was a scoring chance generation monster. His year of injury is a risk, but it means the Leafs could probably sign him for near league minimum and bury him if he isn't really able to come back. Unlikely to be qualified by Boston.

And c'mon guys. Where is Hall???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad