Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
baertschi.jpg

Cont from here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=832420

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Given Burkes comments on Baertschi earlier on in the season and his poor play recently in the AHL, wouldn't be surprised if he got traded

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Given Burkes comments on Baertschi earlier on in the season and his poor play recently in the AHL, wouldn't be surprised if he got traded

It would be very unintelligent to trade him when his value has never been lower than it is right now.

If he was going to trade him, it should have been before he called him out in front of the media to kill his confidence.

bloggerfanthe*

It would be very unintelligent to trade him when his value has never been lower than it is right now.

If he was going to trade him, it should have been before he called him out in front of the media to kill his confidence.

I don't expect his value to rise anytime soon so might as well trade him while he has some sort of value. I don't expect much in a trade. Maybe another prospect from another team that is struggling.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I don't expect his value to rise anytime soon so might as well trade him while he has some sort of value. I don't expect much in a trade. Maybe another prospect from another team that is struggling.

No reason to give up on him. He's still young, very talented, plenty of potential.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010

You don't expect his value to rise any time soon?

Really? Like you expect him to put up zero points in the AHL and never get another chance in the NHL?

You really only expect his value to fall?

You don't make trades for the sake of making a trade. Our prospect pool really is not great in terms of high end talent, so why would you trade our most talented forward prospect for the sake of it?

bloggerfanthe*

No reason to give up on him. He's still young, very talented, plenty of potential.

He does have potential but lots have to happen for Sven to get to the next level. Change of attitude and listen to the coaches would be a start.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
He does have potential but lots of have to happen for Sven to get to the next level. Change of attitude and listen to the coaches would be a start.

You need to stop spreading these lies.

A struggling hockey player != a bad attitude

bloggerfanthe*

You don't expect his value to rise any time soon?

Really? Like you expect him to put up zero points in the AHL and never get another chance in the NHL?

You really only expect his value to fall?

You don't make trades for the sake of making a trade. Our prospect pool really is not great in terms of high end talent, so why would you trade our most talented forward prospect for the sake of it?

How has Sven responded since he got demoted to Abby? That right there shows me what type of player he is.

bloggerfanthe*

You need to stop spreading these lies.

A struggling hockey player != a bad attitude

What lies? It's been well documented how he felt about the Flames summer prospect camp. What did he expect because he was drafted in the 1st round that he didn't have to attend the camp?

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
How has Sven responded since he got demoted to Abby? That right there shows me what type of player he is.

How has he responded? He has no points yet, but he has gotten better each game.

He's only played 4 games. It's going to take some time to transition. Very few players can simply be sent down and immediately adjust to a new system and dominate.

How many games was Ferland pointless in to start his professional career? Hell, how many points did Granlund have in his first 7 or 8 games? People were ready to write them off now too long ago.

But now they've turned things around and people again consider them legitimate prospects. Where were the character assassinations for them by the fans?

What lies? It's been well documented how he felt about the Flames summer prospect camp. What did he expect because he was drafted in the 1st round that he didn't have to attend the camp?

There is literally only ONE quote regarding this. Every thing else he has said has been positive.

You're talking about a guy who didn't even want to switch his number because fans had already bought his 47 jersey. A guy who coaches couldn't even get off the ice during development camp because he was having too much fun with Granlund.

Yeah, sounds like a terrible kid. Let one quote override everything else.

I have never seen a prospect receive such unwarranted disdain from a portion of a fan base.

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Struggling would put it mildly. Don't get me wrong I like Sven but he's got a long road ahead of him to be a full time NHL player. It's up to him if he wants it or not.

I actually agree but 4 pointless games in the AHL doesn't prove what type of player he is any more than his 3 goals in 5 games as an 18 year old. He is struggling but that doesn't mean he is somehow a bust or is ceiling is somehow falling considerably.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Just to point out a few things:

1. One of the main reasons that Abbottsford is doing so well, is due to chemistry. They have several lines that have really meshed. Sven is taking more time to adjust. Many players on that team have worked their ***** off to earn that icetime. End of the day, their main goal is still to win games. Sven isn't just going to be handed top line minutes.

2. He's going into a new team/new system. After the demotion, it wasn't difficult to tell his confidence would be down.

3. Baertschi had an amazing finish with the Flames last season. I think too many people expected him to continue off of that. He didn't earn the icetime, so he wasn't given it (and rightfully so)

Yes, he still has work to do. No, he isn't a sure-fire prospect. But anyone labelling him as a bust either has no knowledge of the kid, or is just trolling. He's 21. Be patient.

Also, watched the game tonight, he looked really good. Finally got his first goal since being demoted. I'm sure he'll start producing now. Seems that confidence is back.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

I think Baertschi's value is quite still high. He wouldn't return a top line player but he could definitely get a good young NHLer who doesn't quite fit elsewhere. Gardiner +, maybe something involving Tyler Myers, I'm sure Nashville would have interest, Pittsburgh could trade a D (Niskanen, Despres) ++, Orlov ++... maybe not the absolute best return but if he's not in the teams plans and you can still get a good player or two, might as well make the move.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
I think Baertschi's value is quite still high. He wouldn't return a top line player but he could definitely get a good young NHLer who doesn't quite fit elsewhere. Gardiner +, maybe something involving Tyler Myers, I'm sure Nashville would have interest, Pittsburgh could trade a D (Niskanen, Despres) ++, Orlov ++... maybe not the absolute best return but if he's not in the teams plans and you can still get a good player or two, might as well make the move.

I have no question Baertschi still has high value, but I still believe it's lower than it should be and thus it would not be smart to trade him.

He's hit a rough patch, but I believe Baertschi can and will show the high caliber hockey player he is soon enough.

FamilyGuy716

Jun 15, 2011
Amherst NY

There is NO chance to get Myers for Baertschi. There is nobody on Calgary who we would trade for Myers.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

You mean his comments on him having faith and patience in Sven? And that he knows there will be a place in the future for him?..

It would be a huge mistake to trade him now

Geese_Howard*

Just like how he traded Kadri when he was struggling right?

Burke drafted kadri so he wasn't going to trade him. He did trade highly touted leafs prospect Luke schenn who the fans loved but he didn't draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad