LW Nolan Foote - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2019, 27th, TBL, traded to NJ)

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Why did I know that he was Adam Foote's son?
Owen Nolan and Adam Foote were best friend back in the days... I wonder where "Nolan" Foote comes from :naughty:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Can anyone comment as to if he is playing Center this year? Seems to be taking quite a bit of faceoffs.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Can anyone comment as to if he is playing Center this year? Seems to be taking quite a bit of faceoffs.
Not quite, he is still predominantly a left-winger and someone I would want on the wing considering his strengths. Was taking faceoffs in a similar fashion like Landeskog and Rantanen do for a specific side when it's not MacKinnon. I thought he would be a little bit more dominant both in person and on the stat sheet considering how loaded the Rockets are. However, this shouldn't take away anything he has accomplished thus far, he's a fantastic prospect who is still top 5 for me in 2019.

Reactions: 99664987

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
How has this guy been holding up? He was very highly touted earlier this year , but this thread has been dead quiet since then. Does he still project out to be a 1st round pick? I get the sense that some prospects have definitely passed him right now.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
ppg so far in the Dub, thought he might get a WJC invite but guess there is too much competition .

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I can't believe how quiet this thread is just given his potential draft status and heritage
He's not Hughes/Kakko and most people don't actually watch. I've liked him most of the games I've seen him this year and he's gotten his shooting mentality back which is his best trait along with his physical play. Skating isn't much of a weakness anymore either(still needs work going ahead though) so for me he's a 1st day player as long as he keeps improving.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He's not Hughes/Kakko and most people don't actually watch. I've liked him most of the games I've seen him this year and he's gotten his shooting mentality back which is his best trait along with his physical play. Skating isn't much of a weakness anymore either(still needs work going ahead though) so for me he's a 1st day player as long as he keeps improving.

I love him as a secondary player added late in the first. He's not gonna make or break a franchise by any means but I think he projects as a quality 40-60 point guy with size, intangibles and a decent shot. I'm probably in the minority as a sabres fan but I'm hoping he's one of our picks.

Reactions: RonTugnutt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad