LW Matthew Boldy - Boston College, NCAA (2019, 12th, MIN)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think Robertson is the best comparison, but I also see Rantenen due to the slick mitts on both those guys. They have similar power moves with the puck too

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The kid's played 18 games in the show.......maybe pump the brakes on this kind of talk, eh? :laugh:

Never understood this argument. Was McDavid smaller and less skilled than Pavelski until he reached a certain games played threshold?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I just think it's a bit early to anoint him as already better than Landy, that's all.

He's certainly off to a great start though.

Yeah so I'm asking, what was the games played threshold before we could anoint McDavid better than Pavelski?

It's a lazy argument and it doesn't make any sense. If a player is better then he's better, the number of GP doesn't matter.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Yeah so I'm asking, what was the games played threshold before we could anoint McDavid better than Pavelski?

It's a lazy argument and it doesn't make any sense. If a player is better then he's better, the number of GP doesn't matter.
McDavid is better than Boldy it's not even the same situation or level of player and Landeskog is better than Boldy at this current juncture so yeah.... You're post is the one that makes no sense.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
McDavid is better than Boldy it's not even the same situation or level of player and Landeskog is better than Boldy at this current juncture so yeah.... You're post is the one that makes no sense.

It doesn't matter who's better than who, the argument is the same. It employs the exact same logic. There is no GP requirement for one player being better than another.

Do you think Zegras is worse than Jordan Greenway because Greenway has played more games?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
It doesn't matter who's better than who, the argument is the same. It employs the exact same logic. There is no GP requirement for one player being better than another.

Do you think Zegras is worse than Jordan Greenway because Greenway has played more games?
No I don't think he is worse because he's not worse at this time. If you compared him to someone like Larkin I would say Larkin is better right now. Boldy is a better NHL player than Landeskog right now, he very possibility could be in the future.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No I don't think he is worse because he's not worse at this time. If you compared him to someone like Larkin I would say Larkin is better.

Yeah, so you agree then, it has nothing to do with the number of games they've played. That's the point.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, so you agree then, it has nothing to do with the number of games they've played. That's the point.
The point is he said nothing wrong, Boldy has started his career and Landeskog has been good for a long time in the NHL.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The point is he said nothing wrong, Boldy has started his career and Landeskog has been good for a long time in the NHL.

No the point is, if Landeskog is better than Boldy, or if Boldy is better than Landeskog, whichever you believe to be true, it has nothing to do with how long each of them have been in the NHL, and everything to do with which one is better. Exactly like you described with Zegras, Greenway and Larkin.

So again, it's a lazy argument that holds no merit.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
No the point is, if Landeskog is better than Boldy, or if Boldy is better than Landeskog, whichever you believe to be true, it has nothing to do with how long each of them have been in the NHL, and everything to do with which one is better. Exactly like you described with Zegras, Greenway and Larkin.

So again, it's a lazy argument that holds no merit.
Yes it does, a lot of players had good 18 game stretches, do you take that over someone who has done for that multiple full seasons?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yes it does, a lot of players had good 18 game stretches, do you take that over someone who has done for that multiple full seasons?

Speaking of entirely different situations that aren't at all relevant :laugh: An 18 game hot streak is not the same as a good player starting his career.

I take the better player over the worse player, regardless of how many GP each have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad