LW Matthew Boldy - Boston College, NCAA (2019, 12th, MIN)

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
i still remember someone on SN making a little wheeze during the pick. This kids pretty damn good,

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He is a legit 6'2" probably, or maybe a bit more, as opposed to an "athlete" 6'2", where you round up an inch or two.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Still playing at a PPG pace...16 points in his first 16 games. His confidence seems to grow with each game. His patience with the puck on his stick is just crazy for a player his age.

Reactions: Realgud

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Very jealous of the Wild having this kid. He is going to be a force for a looooong time. I love his playstyle and he is only going to get stronger and harder to play against. Wild have been running things almost perfectly last few seasons. Drafting has been deadly. Rossi coming along too... damnnnnnnn

Reactions: mratch19

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I remember Podkolzin being put at #3 by some scouts, especially early on. Not going to lie and say that I watched a lot of him, but when I did, I never saw what the scouts did.
Seider was a late riser, and Broberg a surprise pick. Pod was considered a "no brainer" for VAN at 10 oa in the same way that Boldy was for MN at 12 oa.

I thought MN would be picking between Soderstrom, Newhook, Caufield, maybe Krebs(torn Achilles dropped his stock).

Reactions: theVladiator

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Nothing to show for it, but this is one hell of a shift.

Another assist

If the ducks didn't get zegras I really thought Boldy was gonna be our pick. What a player his hockey sense is insane.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he ends up a Mark Stone type. Underrated player that makes more winning plays than the score sheet.
Stone is bigger, tougher, and a better defensive player. Boldy is a better skater, and maybe better in small areas. Boldy is PPG right now in his D +3 year. Stone didn't explode till his D+ 5. I can't remember how much help he did, or didn't have on his OTT teams. Hard to compare them at this point.
Boldy is a little too slick to remain underrated for long.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think he ends up a Mark Stone type. Underrated player that makes more winning plays than the score sheet.

Stone is bigger, tougher, and a better defensive player. Boldy is a better skater, and maybe better in small areas. Boldy is PPG right now in his D +3 year. Stone didn't explode till his D+ 5. I can't remember how much help he did, or didn't have on his OTT teams. Hard to compare them at this point.
Boldy is a little too slick to remain underrated for long.

I've been saying it for a while now, but Boldy is very similar to Jason Robertson. I genuinely feel that's one of the best comparables for him.

Neither guy is an electrifying skater (Boldy a bit better of one tho than Robertson I'd say based on limited viewings). But whenever I watch Boldy I feel like I'm watching Robertson in a different form lol. Their hockey IQ just stands out so much offensively above most of the other guys on the ice, and thats the biggest thing ive noticed with Boldy too, but there are many similarities between them.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Not when people on this site think more "proven" = better.

*edit* replied to the wrong person.

What? Leave Brady out of it, it’s pretty clear Boldy will be the more productive player from now going forward.

In Boldy’s first 16 games, he has been more productive than any 16 game stretch in Tkachuk’s career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad