LW Kristian Vesalainen (2017, 24th, WPG)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
It seems that he has a solid place in Frölunda at age 16 and is playing in the playoffs. If they like him that much, he must be a very high level prospect.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
He was put on a line with Andreas Johnson and Johan Sundström when Spencer Abbott got injured. Now when Abbott is back the coaching staff decided not to remove Vesalainen but to move Abbott to another line, so yeah they like him a lot.

perstakli

Jan 21, 2015
He was put on a line with Andreas Johnson and Johan Sundström when Spencer Abbott got injured. Now when Abbott is back the coaching staff decided not to remove Vesalainen but to move Abbott to another line, so yeah they like him a lot.

It's a bit difficult to notice this kid from this side of the Bothnia, but he certainly seems to be making waves - Thanks a lot for the update!

It'll be interesting to see how his next season comes together. Do you think there's potential for him to be penciled in to the top 6 when the puck drops next fall or will it be too much of a risk for the management to trust a 17-year old with that at this point?

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
It's a bit difficult to notice this kid from this side of the Bothnia, but he certainly seems to be making waves - Thanks a lot for the update!

It'll be interesting to see how his next season comes together. Do you think there's potential for him to be penciled in to the top 6 when the puck drops next fall or will it be too much of a risk for the management to trust a 17-year old with that at this point?

I'd guess that it would be too much of a risk even for Roger Rönnberg, but you never know. Three of our top 6 forwards might leave after the season. Johnson will leave for Toronto and Lasch's and Abbott's contracts are expiring. There could be some spots up for grabs.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
Height: 6'3
Weight: 203
Birthdata: 1999-06-01
Birthplace: Helsinki, Finland

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=222125

Though he deserved a thread as he is likely playing his first SHL game today as 16 year old. 14 points in 14 games in SuperElit this year.

It's time to tank.

So many talented Fins to choose from.

Kid has elite talent at such a young age.
The Finnish invasion is coming soon!!!

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Vesalainens production in super elit as 16 year old is really good. Many might mistakenly compare the points to A-SM-Liiga, but they say Swedish Junior series is tougher. It is a solid choise to stay in the junior series bit longer in Sweden. The difference between FEL u20 and SEL u20 is real based on what I have read, while the difference between SEL and FEL main lagues is more narrow. Or then I'm overrating SEL u20 because I'm pumped, either way. For what I know for sure, SuperElit succes and Elitserien responsibilities at that age is promising anyway.

Last edited:

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
Vesalainen got four gold on this season (SHL,CHL, U18 Worlds and Swedens Championships):D

Edit: Actually i have to ask how many players have achieved same? (four gold on one season)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad