LW Elliot Desnoyers - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2020, 135th, PHI)

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Desnoyers is off to the Memorial Cup Hosts, Saint John Sea Dogs. Probably will be their 1st line centre.

I really liked him in the World Juniors.
Great future ahead for him on the Flyers.
Title should be showing "C" not "LW" I don't think he's a LW at the next level.

EDIT: NOT TRUE TRADE WAS CALLED OFF

Last edited:

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Desnoyers is off to the Memorial Cup Hosts, Saint John Sea Dogs. Probably will be their 1st line centre.

I really liked him in the World Juniors.
Great future ahead for him on the Flyers.
Title should be showing "C" not "LW" I don't think he's a LW at the next level.

Heard the rumor...is this a done deal?

AuVetShkine

Aug 2, 2018
Will be announced soon. Might be more to the trade at the end of the season, but won't include Desnoyers.

HAL:
Natan Grenier (21' 1st rd Prospect)
1st Round Pick

SNB
Elliot Desnoyers

Not happening. Will either move to SHA or stay in HAL

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Will be announced soon. Might be more to the trade at the end of the season, but won't include Desnoyers.

HAL:
Natan Grenier (21' 1st rd Prospect)
1st Round Pick

SNB
Elliot Desnoyers

Edit: Elliot Desnoyers is staying in Halifax, the trade was cancelled in the final hours of the trade deadline, GM Cam Russell wanted to keep his leadership around, was a pretty shocking turn of events.

Reactions: Devonator

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Yet another 4 goal performance to add to his campaign of 4 goal games.

He looks so built for a 5'11 player, looks bigger out there then he is, really takes authority.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Pretty quiet tournament for Desnoyers and not a whole lot to update on in the last 8 months. Nothing but a point in 7 games. He had some good moments, however finished -1 with was a team worst. Zellweger had a +14 Hope he hasn't hit his peak. His performance at World Juniors camp in December 2021 was much better. I'm looking forward to watching him progress into his next journey with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. At the professional level I see Desnoyers playing a depth role and running speciality lines with a little grit. Fingers crossed on him!

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Pretty quiet tournament for Desnoyers and not a whole lot to update on in the last 8 months. Nothing but a point in 7 games. He had some good moments, however finished -1 with was a team worst. Zellweger had a +14 Hope he hasn't hit his peak. His performance at World Juniors camp in December 2021 was much better. I'm looking forward to watching him progress into his next journey with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. At the professional level I see Desnoyers playing a depth role and running speciality lines with a little grit. Fingers crossed on him!
I would go a lot further than that. I can’t remember the last Team Canada player who turned in a performance as completely and utterly useless as Desnoyers did. He didn’t hurt the team, but he provided nothing the entire tournament.

Reactions: bsu

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I would go a lot further than that. I can’t remember the last Team Canada player who turned in a performance as completely and utterly useless as Desnoyers did. He didn’t hurt the team, but he provided nothing the entire tournament.
Glad someone said it - I diddn’t want to be the only person to trash the guy but it was one the most pitiful performances I’ve ever seen for a TC player.

Small sample size though and imo he still projects as a bottom-6 guy in the NHL.

Reactions: bsu and Dominance

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Glad someone said it - I diddn’t want to be the only person to trash the guy but it was one the most pitiful performances I’ve ever seen for a TC player.

Small sample size though and imo he still projects as a bottom-6 guy in the NHL.
Yeah it’s a small sample size for sure, kid still has time to develop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad