LW Elliot Desnoyers - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2020, 135th, PHI)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ya watched him a lot. Nice hands. Good speed. A very determined player. Fairly good on the dot. Doesn’t try to drive the defence wide but goes straight to the net. Gets through traffic well and draws many penalties getting grabbed or hooked by the last man back. Shows good maturity and looks like a good team player.
Good to hear.

I was able to catch some of the Mooseheads game this year and he has looked good. He has not looked dominant like a top prospect might(despite his point totals), but has looked good.

Having a year of gaining offensive confidence could vault him into another tier of prospect...which would be nice.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Philly's never been shy of picking from the Q and had success with it:
-Gagné
- Giroux
-Couturier

Desnoyers seems like a good late pick for them

Reactions: Devonator

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
5 assists tonight.

Struggled for a bit once they opened back up after covid closure, but is back playing well.....4th in league scoring.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
This guy is on fire in the Q right now Flyers have a two great steals in the making in Wisdom and Desnoyers.

Desnoyers is the leading scorer in the Q after the top trio line in Charlottetown. He has two 4 goal nights and a 5 assist night this season. He's rocking a 6 game point streak with 5 goals, 8 assists. (13pts) It's worth mentioning that Halifax is struggling and he's been on the minus side of a lot of games recently but he has also been tallying a lot of ice minutes, and his faceoff numbers are pretty great too. As a Mooseheads fan I'm going to be disappointed he'll probably be gone at 20 but if he keeps it up he might make next years Canada World Junior team and that would be very exciting!

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
With a natural hat trick to add after his two 4-goal campaigns this season, Elliot in the last 8 games has 8g 8a (16p)
That puts him at 20g 23a | 43p in 35gp this season. (3rd in league, 1st among non-overagers) Most of his points come without the help of special teams.

At the time of this post he is 2nd place in the league among most faceoff wins in the league.

Elliot has also been nominated for the CIBC Marcel Robert Trophy, a league award given to the player who best combines on-ice performance with academic success, he is current excelling at Saint Mary's University in Halifax.

Last edited:

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Elliot Desnoyers is currently in Philadelphia and working with their development coaches!

He may suit up with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and get an Entry Level Contract signing later this year!
Love how quiet this kid was when he got drafted I honestly didn't think he would break-out so soon! Very exciting prospect pool for Philadelphia right now.

Desnoyers Gets Philadelphia Experience – Halifax Mooseheads

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Elliot Desnoyers is currently in Philadelphia and working with their development coaches!

He may suit up with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and get an Entry Level Contract signing later this year!
Love how quiet this kid was when he got drafted I honestly didn't think he would break-out so soon! Very exciting prospect pool for Philadelphia right now.

If you watched him in Moncton last year at xmas time when all the top guys went to the world jrs then you knew he had it in him. He just needed the opportunity and he finally got in Halifax.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Please don't let AV near him.

Reactions: YamCork

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
We told you guys. Vancouver fans also did.
Glad Desnoyers is playing well and don't want to overtake the postings. But I will say when you only play 6-7 teams you find out quickly who can make adjustments and make their team better and who can't make/make wrong adjustments.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Desnoyers thread has been quiet despite a really good training camp and having a great start to his season with Halifax! Was just named Team Captain of the Halifax Mooseheads, and had a 5 point night against Shawinigan the other day for a 6-4 win over powerhouse Shawinigan.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Desnoyers thread has been quiet despite a really good training camp and having a great start to his season with Halifax! Was just named Team Captain of the Halifax Mooseheads, and had a 5 point night against Shawinigan the other day for a 6-4 win over powerhouse Shawinigan.

You seem to watch him more than most! Any projections on his potential?

Reactions: Coolmcneil

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
5 point night today against Cape Breton, 3 goals and 2 asssists. Has some really good chemistry with his linemates!

@Nabrules It's tough to say! He's got hands and a great shot and knows how to position himself, he was the leader in faceoffs last season, does great in school and has a High IQ on the ice, he got in a small fight with John Moore in the preseason and is trying hard to work on his physicality as he's 5'11". His skating has gotten significantly improved in the last 2 years. The World Junior roster is wide-open but I think he can slide in there. He really gives me Couturier vibes, I'd say by the time he hits 22/23 years old he could be a solid bottom 6 center. Fingers Crossed!

He started late in the Q after attending Philly Camp and has 6 goals 7 assists in 6 games so far this year. Exciting things to come!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad