LW Denis Smirnov - Kalamazoo Wings, ECHL (2017, 156th, COL; unsigned)

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Sometimes I really ask myself why certain guys don't get drafted. His numbers at Fargo have been good as well and he lives in the states for some years now.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
2 more points today and he's now at 17 point mark through 10 games. Can anyone make more or less detailed report on him? Don't have a clue what sort of a player he is.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Sometimes I really ask myself why certain guys don't get drafted. His numbers at Fargo have been good as well and he lives in the states for some years now.

He was 5-foot-7 at Fargo. I have no idea if his 5-foot-10 listing at PSU is accurate, but thats quite a growth spurt for a 19 year old.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Expect Pittsburgh to keep a close eye on him seeing how he plays for Penn and that they already have Pavlychev over there.

Edit: He has also played bantam with Daniel Sprong earlier, both playing for the Wilkes-Barre Knights.

Last edited:

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
Best point totals, most goals and assists, best ppg and +/- amongst u-20 players. Pretty impressive.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bragin has to pick this guy for the WJC. I'm all for Russian players staying in Russia to develop, but if they are doing this well in a NA league, you can't discriminate against them, otherwise you are just going to have a worse team.

I actually think you can commend a guy like Smirnov. He'll get an education, which will help him after his hockey career, and he'll probably be playing in the NHL in a few seasons, if he continues to play this well. Not a conventional path for a Russian player, but if he's better than the players taking a conventional path, does it really matter?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Smirnov with a hat-trick. And now he has 20 points in 12 games (8+12).

its been an easy part of the schedule for psu. they started off with 2 tough series against SLU and Notre Dame, but followed with some cupcakes. exciting to see such a talent play at psu though. well find out just how good he and his teammates are when the B1G conference schedule begins December 1st.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Expect Pittsburgh to keep a close eye on him seeing how he plays for Penn and that they already have Pavlychev over there.

Edit: He has also played bantam with Daniel Sprong earlier, both playing for the Wilkes-Barre Knights.
I remember watching one of their Minor Midget games after Provorov tendered with Cedar Rapids. Complete domination.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I project him going 28-38. This draft is not so deep that a 20-year-old putting up nearly 2 PPG in college should be overlooked. He could be a regular every day NHLer right out of the draft.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I don't know about him being picked in top 2 rounds. Probably mid-rounder.

He still needs to get stronger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad