LW David Levin - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2018 undrafted)

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
If I'm not mistaken he wasn't the projected 1st overall pick, but players said they wouldn't go to Sudbury, so thet drafted him.

I believe he attended Carolina's camp last year.

Vilardi wouldn't come to Sudbury because of the way the franchise dealed with his brother Francesco during the Burgess Sega. Suzuki was unwilling for other reasons. He refused to report to flint as well then got traded to mississauga.

Anyhow at the time of the draft there wasn't a clear cut projected first. It was between the four Tippett, Mcleod, Vilardi and Levin. Regardless of who of the four was chosen, none would be considered a bad pick at the time being. Which later we found out that Levin's package wasn't as good as the other 3

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Starting off his overage season well this year. Wouldn't mind the Marlies signing him at the end of the season
He's been pretty dominant on the ice, playing with a nice physical edge to his game as well. Key for him is going to be staying healthy, if he does, no reason for him to not be the 2nd best place on the wolves after Byfield.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Good numbers as an overager but how has he looked this year? Any chance an NHL team takes a chance on him?

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
anyone see this guy this year? his numbers have improved alot but not sure how much of that is due to playing with Byfield

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
anyone see this guy this year? his numbers have improved alot but not sure how much of that is due to playing with Byfield

While they did play together a decent amount of the time, they were quite often separated as well. Levin is incredibly skilled, really improved his defensive game, and actually played with a bit of an edge. However I think his skating, and his first few steps in particular will really hamper his chances of being an NHL prospect.

Reactions: Bood12

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The once highly touted Levin has joined Dynamo Riga of the KHL. Will be interested to see if he can become a regular in the lineup

Reactions: Pardus

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
1st KHL goal for Levin in his second KHL game, currently averaging just over 15 minutes per game during his tryout with Dynamo Riga.

Chompskiii

Mar 29, 2020
In Bratislava now
Not anymore, they folded in the middle of the season after a tragedy. He signed with a team in Slovakia after that but didn’t play at all because of an injury.

Recently played in an Israeli summer league. If I had to guess he’ll probably sign somewhere in Europe this season.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad