LW/C Jonathan Dahlen (2016, 42nd, OTT; traded to VAN; traded to SJS)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
What Bratt did last season was a total surprise, unlikely anyone could of predicted that.

Dahlén is the better of these, is he not? So the question is; could he do what Bratt did
or can he do even better what Bratt did?.

Has a strong camp, is in the line up from the get go, gets some PP time,
BTW. Anyone think he haves what it takes to play in the NHL from day 1?
- or is he already a line up "lock"

35 points, 40 points?, 45 points?

man you do have an obsession with our prospects, first it was do we have a "superteam coming up" now its a random dhalen bump.

I don't think he will make the team. I believe the only 2 rookies that will make our team is Gaudette and Pettersson as fowards and Juolevi a little later on. I believe Dhalen will spend a year in the AHL not sure why we are comparing him to Bratt unlikely he will do what he did since I don't think he's NHL ready but everyone that watched Dhalen play indicates he's going to lite up the AHL.

HOWEVER keep in mind, dhalen and Pettersson are close friends, they worked out together last year, they played together 2 seasons ago and train together, if these 2 establish chemistry early on at training camp, the coach sees it, Green may very well try them together on opening night. Lets not forget Dhalen was voted best player of the year.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
What Bratt did last season was a total surprise, unlikely anyone could of predicted that.

Dahlén is the better of these, is he not? So the question is; could he do what Bratt did
or can he do even better what Bratt did?.

Has a strong camp, is in the line up from the get go, gets some PP time,
BTW. Anyone think he haves what it takes to play in the NHL from day 1?
- or is he already a line up "lock"

35 points, 40 points?, 45 points?

Dahlen has produced at twice the pace Bratt did, but Bratt's an outlier with the way he's progressed.

Filip Forsberg played in the same league and had 33 points in 38 games in his d+1 year, while Dahlen had 44 points in 45 games. Forsberg put up 63 points in his rookie season two years later, and this will be two years later for Dahlen. I'd say 45 points is a moderate estimate, he could put up 55+ if everything goes right.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Dahlen has produced at twice the pace Bratt did, but Bratt's an outlier with the way he's progressed.

Filip Forsberg played in the same league and had 33 points in 38 games in his d+1 year, while Dahlen had 44 points in 45 games. Forsberg put up 63 points in his rookie season two years later, and this will be two years later for Dahlen. I'd say 45 points is a moderate estimate, he could put up 55+ if everything goes right.

Forsberg was pretty much a year younger than Dahlén (and also a much better player despite his numbers). I see Dahlén as a future NHL player but not a very high end one. He could use some time in the AHL next season.

Reactions: felixpettersson

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Dahlen will jump into our top 6 in 2019-20 after a season in Utica next year. Assuming his development goes well next year in Utica. So not this coming year but the one after:

Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Dahlen Gaudette Pettersson

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Forsberg was pretty much a year younger than Dahlén (and also a much better player despite his numbers). I see Dahlén as a future NHL player but not a very high end one. He could use some time in the AHL next season.

Much better? Dhalen lead his team in scoring as a 19 year old, and sure he was older, by nine months.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
IMO Dahlén can repeat what Bratt did last season if given a proper chance to play a top 9 role. Impressed me a lot last season.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I just don't see Dahlen being given the proper opportunity to start the season with the glut of bottom 6 talent forwards this team has brought in over the past few seasons. He'll probably start in the AHL with Gaudette, but will be one of the first call ups with injury. I see him getting 20-30 games with injury call ups and doing pretty well. Hopefully full time NHL next season but we have so many long term contracts who f***ing knows anymore

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Don’t see a roster spot for him at all next year. Way too many contracts plus Leipsic Gaunce Goldobin that require waivers. He gains a year of NA experience in the A next year.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Kid looked fantastic in the first game, in the ahl and in sweden, potential game breaking abilty, lunacy of a trade

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
One of the most underrated prospects imo. His potential is a legitimate first line player. He just knows how to play hockey. Very smart player.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
what a horrible trade for ottawa
Lol senators
Love burrows, he truly was a blessing for them canucks, even when he left the team.
aBtoiTcb_400x400.jpg

We are so fortunate in Ottawa to have this ^ as a GM and well you know about the owner that pulls his strings.
Most Sens fans are still po'ed at that STUPID FN deal. He topped it though... what a mess he and Melnyk created after Murray left these bozos in charge.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Okay, let’s take it easy on our Ottawa brethren. It’s not like they had a say in the trade.

Dahlen IMO was just as impressive as Elias Pettersson in this Youngstars. His skating and agility is really awesome to watch. Has a real grit to his game and not afraid to grind away in board battles either.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Still shocked that he was traded by the Canucks. Know that he wasn’t lighting it up this year, but still seems like they downgraded.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Still shocked that he was traded by the Canucks. Know that he wasn’t lighting it up this year, but still seems like they downgraded.

he asked for a trade according to benning. dahlen said he didnt like the way utica was being run.

heres what trent cull said

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Has a prospect ever been traded twice before playing an nhl game and become an impact player? I can’t think of any off the top of my head

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad