LW Artur Kayumov - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, KHL (2016, 50th, CHI)

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
That should be a season long suspension. First a hit clearly targeting the head and then punching a ref in the face. Then decides to hype up the crowd as well. What a complete idiot :shakehead

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
That should be a season long suspension. First a hit clearly targeting the head and then punching a ref in the face. Then decides to hype up the crowd as well. What a complete idiot :shakehead

13 games and a hefty fine by KHL standards.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah I'm glad it's not nothing but that type of stuff doesn't belong in the rink so I'd like to see even tougher punishments for stuff like that
Nope. 13 games are enough for a first time offence. If he somehow doesn't learn, that's a different story. You should also take into consideration the fact that his rep with the refs is spoiled for life probably. That might be the toughest part of the punishment long term.

Last edited:

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Can we guys just agree that what he did screams "MORON". I think I actully facepalmed when I saw the clip of him hyping up the crowd. Made him look so stupid.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
He's played really well since returning from his suspension. Pretty noticeable and productive in the games I've seen.

Last year at this time, he was playing 4th line minutes (and PP) in the MHL playoffs. This year, decent 4th line minutes in the KHL. Big improvement from a year ago.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
What style of play does he have and what could he project to be if he hypothetically signs in NA when his contract is up in a few years?

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
What style of play does he have and what could he project to be if he hypothetically signs in NA when his contract is up in a few years?
He plays almost typical russian-winger style, can play with the puck well and knows how to score. I don't expect a lot from him, probably he can become a middle-six player if he will work hard, but more likely top-six KHLer with couple of average seasons in NA.

Reactions: Muffinalt

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He isn't afraid of physicality and has good overall physical attributes skating included, especially if he puts on a little more weight. Of course he isn't going to be a power forward at 181 cm but you understand what I mean. Is a good goalscorer, not a great vision. Middle-six NHLer is definitely a projection I would agree with as he lacks a top-line level high-end skills but at the same time, he has very good fitting attributes for today's NHL. Even if he tops out as a 30-40 point 3rd liner why would he not have a long and successful career if he doesn't just stop improving. But thus far, he has been progressing nicely.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad