LW Anton Karlsson - Frölunda, SHL (2014, 87th overall, Arizona)

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Could very well happen, Karlsson is the complete package, bet many teams will have him high on their list.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Really? Why would you say that?

I'm gonna guess it's the fact that Karlsson is much bigger and more complete player, Nylander has more skill but Karlsson looks like a much safer pick to reach his potential in the NHL.

If Karlsson keeps up his play in the SuperElit I wouldn't be surprised to see him with Frolunda or possibly loaned to an Allsvenskan team soon.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
More complete player, got both skill and still plays a responsible game defensively.

Agree, Landeskog type player with perhaps a little bit more offensive creativity. As of now, I wouldn't pass on Nylander for Karlsson, there's just too much upside in Nylander.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Agree, Landeskog type player with perhaps a little bit more offensive creativity. As of now, I wouldn't pass on Nylander for Karlsson, there's just too much upside in Nylander.

Yes, Landeskog is a good comparison but with more hands and flair and less grit. Captained the gold medal team in the WHC17

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Making his national U20 team début in the last tournament prior to the WJC.

BXQVFY6CYAAsw5p.png:large

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Thanks for posting.

On paper, how's this roster look compared to previous Swedish teams?

Defense looks a bit unproven, really missing Lindholm as a first pairing guy with Hagg. Forwards looks good, watch out for Johnson and Possler who has been on a tear in the SHL, set them up with a good playmaker and they will be dangerous. Also have great hard working guys in Hedberg, De la Rose and Erik Karlsson.

Will be nice to see Karlsson who got the roster spot over Nylander. I think Aho could make the D aswell.

Something like;

Collberg-Wennberg-Johnson
Hedberg-Wallmark-Possler
Sandberg-DelaRose-A.Karlsson
E.Karlsson-Rydahl-Sundqvist

Hägg-Bengtsson
Arnesson-Djoos
Pettersson-Lundberg

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Thanks for posting.

On paper, how's this roster look compared to previous Swedish teams?

Goaltending: I think we've had better years.
Defense: Simple, smart. 3½ returnees.
Offense: Very feisty and hard to play against. Reminds me a bit of the -92 group, whereas last year we had more stars.

I like Anton Karlsson's chances to make it, if nothing else as an extra forward who can fill in anywhere as the tournament goes for injuries and whatnot.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wonder if the Canes will try and draft him. They seem to be moving on from their Finnish phase (Pitkanen, Jokinen, Ruutu, Osala) and seem to be targeting Swedish players now (E. Karlsson, V. Rask, E.Lindholm). It also fits the type of nepotism common with Carolina (multiple Sutters, multiple Staals). :laugh:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Thought this deserved a bumb.

Played great game vs Canada. Seems like real pain in the a** to play against. Good size, speed and puck handling also.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I was impressed with him.

Seems like that guy you hope either your team drafts or he's drafted by a team that you'll only play twice a year because you'd hate playing against him often.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Erie Otters @ErieOtters 1m
The Otters select Anton Karlsson with their first round pick in the 2014 CHL Import Draft. Release to follow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad