LW Anderson MacDonald - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018 undrafted)

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
Sent home by Moncton.

What a waste of talent...

Rumour is he's been traded to Bathurst but that's only from another forum so that for what it's worth. Not sure why they'd trade for him since they're rebuilding and he's been trouble wherever he's gone.

I had him as a first round pick at one point, although he dropped radically by the time of the draft. What a waste of talent...

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Rumour is he's been traded to Bathurst but that's only from another forum so that for what it's worth. Not sure why they'd trade for him since they're rebuilding and he's been trouble wherever he's gone.

I had him as a first round pick at one point, although he dropped radically by the time of the draft. What a waste of talent...
That may be a sign of him being dealt in a Noah Dobson trade at Christmas Time but who knows.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He's only played four games. Was he scratched all the others?

Two different injuries. Although there have been rumours hes been healthy for a while but wasn't working out or putting in the effort to be game ready. Hes had attitude issues everywhere he has gone.

Youd think being snubbed in the draft when you were a projected top 10 pick by many at the start of the season would be a wake up call. Some people just don't get it I guess

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
B62C2FCC-C5C7-4FD9-A5AB-C918371ADA29.png

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
What the hell happened here? I mean I know the gist of his story, and the issues with coaches, etc, but it still baffles me.

I remember his Q draft year there was a lot of hype around him, and his 27 goals as a 16 year old seemed to justify this. Been a shambles ever since; what an absolute sin it is to let your attitude waste such talent.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
This kid ruined his career. He’s no where close to a prospect anymore. I’m sorry to bash on him but he doesn’t have one asset that impresses me anymore. Best he’ll get in hockey is playing University on the fourth line. Plays for the the worst team in the QMJHL as well. I feel bad for the guy he could’ve had a great future he was so impressive the past two seasons. Might as well delete this thread don’t mean to cause any drama or hate but it’s an NHL Prospects page and he won’t get signed.

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
This kid ruined his career. He’s no where close to a prospect anymore. I’m sorry to bash on him but he doesn’t have one asset that impresses me anymore. Best he’ll get in hockey is playing University on the fourth line. Plays for the the worst team in the QMJHL as well. I feel bad for the guy he could’ve had a great future he was so impressive the past two seasons. Might as well delete this thread don’t mean to cause any drama or hate but it’s an NHL Prospects page and he won’t get signed.

He'll be in the MJAHL within a year im calling it

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
He'll be in the MJAHL within a year im calling it

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t even play there, not because he lacks skill but because he just doesn’t want to play there. He can definitely be a 20 in the Q but he needs to rebound next season, if he doesn’t then I can just see him deciding to hang things up. I can think of quite a few examples of guys in recent years that had the opportunity to play as a 20, in university or in Jr. A that just decided they didn’t have the passion for the game anyone. MacDonald seems to be trending this way.

Reactions: NLRAIDERS

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t even play there, not because he lacks skill but because he just doesn’t want to play there. He can definitely be a 20 in the Q but he needs to rebound next season, if he doesn’t then I can just see him deciding to hang things up. I can think of quite a few examples of guys in recent years that had the opportunity to play as a 20, in university or in Jr. A that just decided they didn’t have the passion for the game anyone. MacDonald seems to be trending this way.

I wish I had his talent...

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
A Dark Time

This is an emotional but really good long read on Anderson MacDonald. We can get a full understanding what has happened over the years. I can tell he’s an incredible person but had to battle a dark side on his way. There’s one thing I do want to share here...

“I would always look online and read what people were saying about me on the boards and forums.”

“All I could do was sit there and cry.”

I know he definitely seen this forum many times and I really want to sincerely apologize to him, his family, friends, and more. It must feel so devastating to read such negative things on a site. I’ve said some rude things about him as well and I really really feel bad. He’s definitely not the only player who’s been in this situation either. Anyways I’m gonna leave it there and if you read this Anderson I want you to know we love and care about you and hope you keep pushing forward in your career and become an incredible player and your dreams come true. Hope we can be forgiven... <3

He will be 19 next season playing for the rebuilding Acadie-Bathurst Titan.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
A Dark Time

This is an emotional but really good long read on Anderson MacDonald. We can get a full understanding what has happened over the years. I can tell he’s an incredible person but had to battle a dark side on his way. There’s one thing I do want to share here...

“I would always look online and read what people were saying about me on the boards and forums.”

I know he definitely seen this forum many times and I really want to sincerely apologize to him, his family, friends, and more. It must feel so devastating to read such negative things on a site. I’ve said some rude things about him as well and I really really feel bad. He’s definitely not the only player who’s been in this situation either. Anyways I’m gonna leave it there and if you read this Anderson I want you to know we love and care about you and hope you keep pushing forward in your career and become an incredible player and your dreams come true. Hope we can be forgiven... <3

Whole-heartedly concur.

Anderson, I’ve watched you for years. You have incredible hockey talent, and you’re only 19. Your potential in this sport is unlimited. But, having read your words, I can tell that - much more importantly - you are a very good person. Good things always come to good people. Choose your path and stick to it, in hockey or elsewhere, and you will find happiness and success.

I look forward to watching you play once again this great and wonderful game (remember, that’s all it really is) next season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He should've seen it as constructive criticism IMHO. I've said negative things about him here as well, but I really hope he makes the NHL. His career is not over by any means, we've see how many overagers eventually get signed. I hope he reads this and pushes forward! Become more engaged in the play and your talent will blossom through!

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
A Dark Time

You are better than most and he is still young, and it is not too late for him to have a turn-around career in hockey if he puts in the work.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
A Dark Time

Now I feel bad... :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad