LW Alexander Holtz - (2020, 7th, NJD)

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
From the inside sources i got holtz is the real deal

Think so too.

We do not have that impact player on offense on the national team, it would be a much needed addition if he keeps up this trajectory. Backstrom is good but he is a playmaker and is getting older. Forsberg’s offensive level is somewhat limited.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden

Standing next to Rakell who's 6' 2" - I'd say Holtz is about 6' 1" now?

So Holtz has worked with this personal trainer for about five years already. Andreas Öhgren is a PT who works with many Swedish NHLers, and with non-Swedes like JvR, Ristolainen and John Carlson sometimes. I guess you can't blame Holtz for not being dedicated enough, I have only heard good things about his attitude.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Lafreniere.

But Holtz has been doing some pretty amazing things.

2016-17: Highest u-18 Allsvenskan PPG ever for u-15.
2017-18: Highest u-18 Allsvenskan PPG ever for u-16, Highest u-18 Elit PPG ever for u-16, 3rd highest u-20 SuperElit PPG ever for u-16.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses over the next 2 years.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Remains to be seen. He's a winger, after all. I'd bet against it at this point in time.

Could be a prospect such as Laine, although to this point in their careers I guess he's slightly behind. They still share tons of similarities.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
As I always like to ask what current or former NHL players does he remind you guys of? From the video I’ve watched of him and reading the comments I’m getting the impression that he has the style of a goalscorer.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
As I always like to ask what current or former NHL players does he remind you guys of? From the video I’ve watched of him and reading the comments I’m getting the impression that he has the style of a goalscorer.

Definitely a goalscorer, but can make plays too. Not as much of a long-range threat as Ovechkin or Laine in terms of playing style and weapons, attacks the net and has incredible knack for finding net from scoring areas. Shot in stride off the wing, attack the net and find a hole or simply garbage goals, but all he does is score without the fancy pancy all over the ice. Lethal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad