LW Adam Erne - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2013, 33rd overall, Tampa Bay)

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Erne is the real deal. Watched bits and pieces of Remparts games and he reminds me a lot of Zach Parise. His skating is very low, powerful and up tempo. He forechecks extremely hard and intelligently. Most of his goals are the result of being in the right place at the right time. But its not because of luck. Its because his hockey sense and skating allow him to get to those open spaces. Very similar to Parise and he should go in the top 10.
I see more of a young Bill Guerin? Who knows.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I like Erne a lot. I just felt it should be pointed out that Shawinigan is bad this year (currently last in the league) when looking at his performance.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Since Duclair's injury, he's really Quebec's best player. Very dominant with the puck and losing weight helped him get faster I think.

flyers28giroux

Oct 1, 2012
Philadelphia
How would you describe Adam Erne's game, is he like the typical American power forward like (Guerin, Weight, Tkachuk, etc...) or does he bring something else on the ice?

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
How would you describe Adam Erne's game, is he like the typical American power forward like (Guerin, Weight, Tkachuk, etc...) or does he bring something else on the ice?

He reminds me a lot of T.J Oshie. Can hit, has the hands and good shot but always heads to the net.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

Gritty and skilled. Not skilled like Pavel Datsyuk dangling through 5 players and then skating back to the blue line and doing it again just for fun, but skilled as in solid fundamentals. Puck control, shot, etc all strong and combined with a willingness to get dirty makes him dangerous.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Saw the game this afternoon... holy molly... Erne is just sick. He does everything well, he's a leader on the ice. He skates hard, he's involved, he goes to the corners, he goes to the nets. His hands are so fast man when he gets going he has amazing acceleration and just dangles the puck so fricking quickly! He's a beauty.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Adam Erne (Quebec Remparts)

I know absolutely nothing about this player. Was checking up on Grigorenko and noticed that Erne (one year younger) is on pace with one of the best Q players.

So whats the deal? Product of Grigorenko, or can we see him in the top end of the NHL draft?

6" 205lbs right winger

RandR

May 15, 2011
The extra recognition Erne is now getting is well-deserved. Grigorenko gets a lot more press coverage, but his great start this year owes at least a bit to having Erne on his wing.

I really like Erne's work ethic, and he doesn't shy away from heavy traffic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad