Luongo's 2013-14 Mask

Wetcoaster

Roberto explains via Canucks TV what went into this season's design. He talks about why he's gone with another "Johnny Canuck" look for his new goalie mask he plans on wearing this season.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
he did say he want a simple mask and I think Johnny Canucks mask was the one when Canucks was in cup final

It was his vintage 40th anniversary helmet that he wore in the finals.

Kind of happy he got a new one, I'm reading too far into it but it kin of signifies to me that he's not planning on moving on soon.

Solidius

#TankLivesMatter
Jul 7, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
The Team Canada mask was my favourite Luongo mask of all time followed by the Johnny Canuck lumberjack one. Didn't really care for the quad stick-in-rink because it reminded me of those stock masks in the NHL games.

Nice to see him return to ol' Johnny.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
It was his vintage 40th anniversary helmet that he wore in the finals.

Kind of happy he got a new one, I'm reading too far into it but it kin of signifies to me that he's not planning on moving on soon.

I'm pretty sure he averages like 1.5 new helmets a year or something. Sure seems like it atleast

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Should have gone with

keep-calm-i-m-back.png

Or

I%27m_back_baby%21.png

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I love his minimalist approach to mask art. That's one saving grace of him staying here over Cory... :sarcasm:

King of the ES*

Should've just been all black with a big white question mark on each side.

Betamax*

I love his minimalist approach to mask art. That's one saving grace of him staying here over Cory... :sarcasm:

The new mask looks pretty good ... but it would have been kinda awesome if he went the full minimalist approach with a plain white mask with maybe his twitter avatar:

2dbt2xh.jpg

Maybe just a '?' symbol on the front of the plain white mask.

:handclap:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
So glad it isn't Miley Cyrus flying a jet fighter while Tupac, Jar-Jar Binks, Walter White, and George Washington struggle on the ground below to build a bridge over a shark infested Fraser River or whatever other masterbatory ******** NHL goalies want to put on their stupid masks these days.

Patchey*

So glad it isn't Miley Cyrus flying a jet fighter while Tupac, Jar-Jar Binks, Walter White, and George Washington struggle on the ground below to build a bridge over a shark infested Fraser River or whatever other masterbatory ******** NHL goalies want to put on their stupid masks these days.

I want to see that...

LolClarkson*

The Team Canada mask was my favourite Luongo mask of all time followed by the Johnny Canuck lumberjack one. Didn't really care for the quad stick-in-rink because it reminded me of those stock masks in the NHL games.

Nice to see him return to ol' Johnny.

The racing stripes one is best
robertoluongocanucks10-11b.jpg

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
he did say he want a simple mask and I think Johnny Canucks mask was the one when Canucks was in cup final

He wants a simple one so its not expensive and with less design its easier to coverup with another logo and colours.

I was hoping he'd get an airbrush of him with a vancouver motif and pleading look on one side.

On the other side an airbrush of Gina with a Florida motif and a forlorn look complete with a tear.

In the middle on the forehead a torn up contract. At the bottom on the chin a car without wheels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad