Luongo's 2013-14 Mask

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I love his minimalist approach to mask art. That's one saving grace of him staying here over Cory... :sarcasm:

:laugh: But seriously, i really appreciate that minimalist approach in today's world of masks cluttered with random airbrush details that just look like strange smudges from any distance people actually see the masks from.

And hopefully Luongo will also take the minimalist approach to his GAA as well.

Well played! :yo:

Honestly the one thing that bugs me about this mask, is the dark bars on the cage. Which is very much an actual performance/preference item. But The mask would look so much better with white/light coloured bars. It's a shame Luongo is married to the whole dark cage thing. Really hurts the appeal of his mask design. :p:

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
Honestly the one thing that bugs me about this mask, is the dark bars on the cage. Which is very much an actual performance/preference item. But The mask would look so much better with white/light coloured bars. It's a shame Luongo is married to the whole dark cage thing. Really hurts the appeal of his mask design. :p:

To each his own, I personally like the dark cage better.

You can actually paint the inside of their cage white despite the outside being dark color, in fact many pro goalies do so. So its mostly an artistic preference thing only when it comes to the external color of the cage.

Looks like he made a switch from Reebok to CCM.

All the Lefevbre sponsored goalies made the switch this season to the new Lefevbre designed CCM bucket. Guys like Fleury and Price switched from Bauer to CCM, while Lu and Giggy went from Protechsport to CCM. If I am not mistaken its part of their contract with Lefevbre.

But Protechsport bought all their designs from Lefevbre initially anyway, so Luongo really isn't switching companies as much as switching different designs made by the same guy.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
The racing stripes one is best
robertoluongocanucks10-11b.jpg

was never a fan of this one. couldn't get past the bone, second-hand smoke color. in terms of simplicity, i think his new one is the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad