Luongo

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Luongo is not a god damn choker. How the **** do you win a Stanley Cup with 0 ****ing goals in game 7?

Did you watch the NESN feed last night.

They showed Lous stats vs Boston and they wer not pretty.

Think it was an 8.03 GAA and a .775 SV%

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Boston Bruins is to Roberto Luongo as was Detroit Was to Michael Jordan.

Until Lou beats the Bruins, in a playoff series especially, he won't get that "redemption" feeling.

Dude is probably having flashbacks of the Vancouver finals....and I really do feel bad for the guy

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I can't believe people blaming Luongo like he's the reason were missing the playoffs. So he had a bad period. He's had some bad periods this season. How can you forget the 10000 times he's saved our ass?

This choke bla bla because he did in Vancouver is getting ****ing old. He lead them to game 7 of the stanley cup finals!

No ****ing goalie in the world can alone carry a team.

Last night our team quit playing in the 3rd. Our 1rst line was horrible last night. Why don't they get any blame?

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
I can't believe people blaming Luongo like he's the reason were missing the playoffs. So he had a bad period. He's had some bad periods this season. How can you forget the 10000 times he's saved our ass?

This choke bla bla because he did in Vancouver is getting ****ing old. He lead them to game 7 of the stanley cup finals!

No ****ing goalie in the world can alone carry a team.

Last night our team quit playing in the 3rd. Our 1rst line was horrible last night. Why don't they get any blame?

I'm not blaming him for us missing the playoffs, I'm just no longer sure that he has the mindset that it takes to win big games most of the time

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm not blaming him for us missing the playoffs, I'm just no longer sure that he has the mindset that it takes to win big games most of the time

The reasoning behind this is? He lost game 7 years ago?

Did you see the Boyes goal Rask gave up to us last nite. That was weak too.

The amount of 1 goal games Luongo has to play and win most of them. How can you call that choking at most of the time? If we could get more than 1-2 goals per game most nights

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
The reasoning behind this is? He lost game 7 years ago?

Did you see the Boyes goal Rask gave up to us last nite. That was weak too.

The amount of 1 goal games Luongo has to play and win most of them. How can you call that choking at most of the time? If we could get more than 1-2 goals per game most nights

No, that's part of it, but allowing 2 of the worst goals he's allowed all year in our biggest game of the season doesn't help. He only chokes in big games, not in meaningless regular season games. Look at the years where Vancouver would win the President's Trophy and get swept out of the playoffs in the first round with Luo getting pulled

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Did you watch the NESN feed last night.

They showed Lous stats vs Boston and they wer not pretty.

Think it was an 8.03 GAA and a .775 SV%

Notice the abysmal team in front of him? He had no problems winning a Gold Medal. It helps when your D play D. I find it hard to call a guy a choke artist when he made it to the very last possible game of the year.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
but allowing 2 of the worst goals he's allowed all year

those are hardly 2 of the worst goals. they weren't that bad. its just he'd rather have those back. the one, if truly tipped by pastrnak, jumped right over his shoulder with little room, pastrnak right in front of the net with little reaction time. the lucic one was definitely stoppable but i saw the whole thing developing, there was like 3 guys on him and once i saw he was still able to take a couple steps and get a clean shot off i was afraid he was gonna score on it and he did. its not that uncommon to see players score 5hole goals from above the slot.

also, if barkov didnt cough up the puck that led to the first goal then we hypothetically could've won. if we're going to call players out then that should apply to everyone, not just the easier target which is the goaltender.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad