Speculation: Luongo Trade Discussions Thread - All

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Dave Nonis was interviewed this afternoon on Sportsnet (Fan 590) by Kypreos, Mallard and MacLean.

After the interview, the panel stated they did not get the impression that ownership was pushing Dave Nonis to make a push for Luongo and the playoffs. Kypreos stated that it seems like ownership is pushing Nonis to "do it right". They mentioned that it seems like the quality of talent in the 2013 NHL Draft is a big thing for ownership.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/podcasts/

"Hockey Centrel @ Noon - Thursday"

Last edited by a moderator:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
That's great. Hopefully Luongo is moved soon (elsewhere) and this nonsense can be over.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
Good news. I saw we tank one more year, rid ourselves of the excess fat on our team for picks and ascend next year.

The K Man

May 7, 2011
Calgary
Interesting if true... Nonis was saying this club needed some moves so I wonder if he starts trading roster players for younger prospects close to NHL ready?

This weekend has potential to be insane.

Kyle Doobas*

Good news, especially about the emphasis on the upcoming draft. I hope Nonis can somewhat correct Burke's mistake at last year's trade deadline by selling off a few guys to the highest bidder. Anything we can get for pieces who aren't long-term fixtures here.

K19*

The last sentence was music to my ears. Time will tell, and shortly.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think these new owners want there hands on the wheel. Nonis is more likely to let there hands go on the wheel over Burke. I could be wrong. Anselmi worries me a tad. Nonis at first appears to be a "Yes" man, its still early though.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I wonder when the trade deadline will be??

In any case, hopefully Connolly, Lombardi, Komisarek are all gone.

Let us purge ourselves of LACK once and for all

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
Maybe the owners wanted Burke to TANK! Hence the pick being so valuable. Burke obviously would want none of that.

Maybe Burke had a trade in the works involving the 1st rounder and wanted nothing to do with their advice and told them to F off.

Maybe a combination of both...

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I wonder when the trade deadline will be??

In any case, hopefully Connolly, Lombardi, Komisarek are all gone.

Let us purge ourselves of LACK once and for all

Connolly and Lombardi are both UFAs at the end of this season and if Komisarek doesn't get his game together, he'll probably be amnesty bought out.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
So basically it seems more likely now that Burke wanted to go all in for Luongo and the new owners decided to save us from Burke and end the madness?

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
isn't this just some retroactive dial it back posturing so we dont end up trading every player of any value on the roster for the guy

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
So basically it seems more likely now that Burke wanted to go all in for Luongo and the new owners decided to save us from Burke and end the madness?

Hearsay. We'll never know the truth about this but I don't see Burke offering Kadri+Gardiner or whatever the ridiculous price that was mentioned.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So that he appears less like a dog on a leash if he does? How thoughtful of them.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
It's a fantastic draft year. The Leafs can definitely add some good players that will play soon. I really like Rielly. Kid looks like a good puck mover. The Leafs will be a very talented team in about two years. There are some gems there.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Hearsay. We'll never know the truth about this but I don't see Burke offering Kadri+Gardiner or whatever the ridiculous price that was mentioned.

I would hope not. I do find it funny how people were so sure Burke would never do such a thing when judging by his history he definitely shows a willingness to trade a high price of young talent for a player he wants.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
That's great. Hopefully Luongo is moved soon (elsewhere) and this nonsense can be over.

Agree 100%, Luongo is not the right move for the leafs troubles between the pipes. We cant afford to be giving up the kind of assets it would take to land Luongo at this time.

Lets not forget that the team burkie inherited was going to take more than 4yrs to rebuild. Lets be honest, we are still rebuilding and should not be selling the farm to try and make the playoffs yet

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
1. Tank.
2. Trade Joffrey Lupul, Cody Franson and Clarke MacArthur.
3. Draft Nathan MacKinnon, Elias Lindholm or Alexander Barkov.
4. Trade for Roberto Luongo at the draft (Kadri, Bozak)
5. Sign Corey Perry, Paul Ranger and David Clarkson.

Going into 2013/14...

Perry - MacKinnon - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Komarov - Colborne - Clarkson
Brown - McClement - Ashton

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Ranger
Liles - Holzer
Kostka

Luongo
Reimer

Status