Proposal: Luongo to retire as a Vancouver Canuck

member 290103

Who's worth our 2019 1st in this trade?
I know it isnt Markstrom and it isnt Gudbranson and even both of them together may be a 2nd and a 3rd/4th.

Let the fans cheer him for a moment at tonight's game and let him decide who he retires with. I'd assume FLA.

I am a Canucks fan, but I agree. Luongo wanted to return to Florida. I would think he identifies himself more as a Panther than a Canuck - could have been so much different though were it not for John f***ing Tortorella.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
After that speech he gave, I think he feels like Florida is his home, not Vancouver.

Agreed. I’m sure Vancouver will always have a special place in Luongo’s heart, but there is a reason he was traded back to Florida.

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012
doesn't really matter at the end of the day, both teams will retire his jersey, but he goes to the HoF with Panther cap imo

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
This is weird. Why wouldn’t luongo just retire with Florida? Seems to me he has just as many (if not more) ties to panthers. Let’s leave well enough alone.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Hard to believe that Vancouver actually won this trade when you look at it now. At the time people were pissed how little we got in return for Luongo.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Fans in Vancouver still love Roberto and will never forget what he did for the team and how good he played for us and how he left everything on the ice and how he was great in the community. We would love to have him back here to mentor our young up and coming goalie Thatcher Demko since it looks like Markstrom is a legit NHL starting goalie and a pretty good one lately we don’t want to have another goalie controversy or block Demko’s development.

Florida needs a starting goalie so it works out plus it’s rumoured that Tallon might want to bring Erik Gudbranson back into the fold so there might be a good opportunity to make a bigger deal. Thus I propose the following :

To FLA
Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbranson

To VAN
Roberto Luongo
FLA’s 1st round pick in 2019 (lottery protected, top 10 protected)

Of course this is conditional on Thatcher Demko showing that he can play in the NHL in the coming weeks and months. If he falters too much we might not be able to afford to trade away Marky.
LMAO why do we do this???
If we're trading our 1st round pick there sure as hell should be something better coming back than Markstrom and freaking Gudbranson.
Plus we like Luongo. Let him retire here.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
doesn't really matter at the end of the day, both teams will retire his jersey, but he goes to the HoF with Panther cap imo

Panther cap with Canucks colours maybe? Either way this trade makes no sense for Florida. If anything Vancouver will need to add a pick as the recapture risk is way more on our end than Florida's. Additionally Luongo won't come back to Vancouver to play- maybe to be on the books to collect a pay cheque on LTIR but he never plays an NHL game in a Canucks jersey again.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
This is weird. Why wouldn’t luongo just retire with Florida? Seems to me he has just as many (if not more) ties to panthers. Let’s leave well enough alone.

Definitely more ties with the Panthers. He had 1 with the islanders, 32 with Florida and then they implemented the shootout before he went to Vancouver.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Ignore RMB he’s a troll, he legit thinks that Quinn Hughes is gonna get gudbrandson to 35 points next year. 3 times his career high,

No chance Florida does this.

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
Correction, so Luongo can LTIRetire as a Canuck. That should get us out of the cap recapture penalties.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
It’s interesting how some Canucks fans think you can just put a Luongo on LTIR to get out of the cap recapture penalty. If there’s no injury to justify LTIR there’s no LTIR.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
If you only had a few years of hockey left, its much better to do so in the very relaxed market of Florida rather than the intense microscope Vancouver market, where the media has nothing better to do than create storylines for everything.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
It’s interesting how some Canucks fans think you can just put a Luongo on LTIR to get out of the cap recapture penalty. If there’s no injury to justify LTIR there’s no LTIR.
We'll force him to lay in bed with Hossa for a night or two to develop a "rash"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad