Proposal: Luongo to retire as a Vancouver Canuck

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Fans in Vancouver still love Roberto and will never forget what he did for the team and how good he played for us and how he left everything on the ice and how he was great in the community. We would love to have him back here to mentor our young up and coming goalie Thatcher Demko since it looks like Markstrom is a legit NHL starting goalie and a pretty good one lately we don’t want to have another goalie controversy or block Demko’s development.

Florida needs a starting goalie so it works out plus it’s rumoured that Tallon might want to bring Erik Gudbranson back into the fold so there might be a good opportunity to make a bigger deal. Thus I propose the following :

To FLA
Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbranson

To VAN
Roberto Luongo
FLA’s 1st round pick in 2019 (lottery protected, top 10 protected)

Of course this is conditional on Thatcher Demko showing that he can play in the NHL in the coming weeks and months. If he falters too much we might not be able to afford to trade away Marky.

Reactions: rajinikanthfan1

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Its not just a proposal for Luongo. Gudbranson is probably warrants more attention.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Fans in Vancouver still love Roberto and will never forget what he did for the team and how good he played for us and how he left everything on the ice and how he was great in the community. We would love to have him back here to mentor our young up and coming goalie Thatcher Demko since it looks like Markstrom is a legit NHL starting goalie and a pretty good one lately we don’t want to have another goalie controversy or block Demko’s development.

Florida needs a starting goalie so it works out plus it’s rumoured that Tallon might want to bring Erik Gudbranson back into the fold so there might be a good opportunity to make a bigger deal. Thus I propose the following :

To FLA
Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbranson

To VAN
Roberto Luongo

Of course this is conditional on Thatcher Demko showing that he can play in the NHL in the coming weeks and months. If he falters too much we might not be able to afford to trade away Marky.

neither side does it

member 290103

To FLA
Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbranson

To VAN
Roberto Luongo

Absurd. Why would FLA trade their first round pick to get rid of Lu's contract? They don't need cap space and Lu's actual salary is miniscule.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If it was offered, Dim should be all over it, but he would pass, because it might hurt that 1% chance the team has of making the playoffs.

neither side does it

Panthers wont be given up a a first to move Luongo out and while the nucks have their future number 1 in their system--he is not ready for the show full time so Markenstrom will be the number 1 while Damko develops

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
neither side does it

Panthers wont be given up a a first to move Luongo out and while the nucks have their future number 1 in their system--he is not ready for the show full time so Markenstrom will be the number 1 while Damko develops

The way I see it they’re giving up a first to get a legit starting NHL goalie who is still relatively young and another relatively young defenseman that they’re after more than to dump Luongo’s contract.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
neither side does it

Lol no. We would trade Markstrom for a 1st in a heartbeat. Getting rid of Gudbranson as well is cherry on top of the sundae.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Strombone should be traded to isles for barzal, pulock and 2 1sts to complete the circle

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Who's worth our 2019 1st in this trade?
I know it isnt Markstrom and it isnt Gudbranson and even both of them together may be a 2nd and a 3rd/4th.

Let the fans cheer him for a moment at tonight's game and let him decide who he retires with. I'd assume FLA.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Who's worth our 2019 1st in this trade?
I know it isnt Markstrom and it isnt Gudbranson and even both of them together may be a 2nd and a 3rd/4th.

Let the fans cheer him for a moment at tonight's game and let him decide who he retires with. I'd assume FLA.

Yes please.

rajinikanthfan1

rajinikanthfan1
Jun 25, 2006
North Delta

To FLA
Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbranson

To VAN
Roberto Luongo

I love this trade and i think we dont need a First Round pick we will take Luongo happily

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
He's spent majority of his career where hr is. Don't see why he has to retire a Canuck.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Do fans really care what organization a player is part of when they retire? It seems like some of them think a team can only honour players who end their careers with that team. Just seems like nonsense to me.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why on earth is VAN getting a 1st round pick for Gudbranson and Markstrom? Neither is anything special, and no team is giving up a 1st even for both of them. Florida have no need to worry if Luongo retires early, and are absolutely not giving up a 1st round pick to get rid of his contract.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Do fans really care what organization a player is part of when they retire? It seems like some of them think a team can only honour players who end their careers with that team. Just seems like nonsense to me.

Yeah, but if he retires with the wrong team, the other team won't be able to remember he was on their team once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad