Lundqvist Sucks In Big Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Can't wait for the first time someone blames Henrik or questions his talent in the future. :laugh:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I originally posted this in the "Lundqvist and the NHL Playoffs" thread a month ago. I thought it would be interesting to update it with the results since then.

NHL Season | Opponent | Opponent Reg Season GF/G | Rangers Reg Season GA/G | Rangers Playoff GA/G |Opponent Reg Season GA/G| Rangers Reg Season GF/G | Rangers Playoff GF/G
2013-14|Pittsburgh|2.95|2.32|2.00|2.49|2.61|2.14
2013-14|Philadelphia|2.84|2.32|2.29|2.77|2.61|2.71
2012-13|Washington|3.05|2.25|1.71|2.71|2.63|2.29
2012-13|Boston|2.65|2.25|3.2|2.21|2.63|2.00
2011-12|Ottawa|2.96|2.22|1.86|2.88|2.71|2.00
2011-12|Washington|2.66|2.22|1.86|2.76|2.71|2.14
2011-12|New Jersey|2.63|2.22|2.5|2.5|2.71|2.33
2010-11|Washington|2.67|2.38|2.6|2.33|2.73|1.6

As you can see, our scoring in the philly series was up compared to our regular season average, though not as high as philly's goals against average in the regular season. Defensively, we were slightly better than our regular season numbers which is still pretty good considering philly's reg season GFA.

Against pitt, we did great defensively, but struggled offensively.

In our 8 wins, we scored 27 goals and let up 10. In our 6 losses, we scored 7 goals and let up 20.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
a few noteable posters here love calling him a "sieve" which annoys me to no end.

The Henrik hate on this board is frankly embarrassing.

He can be criticized like any other player but the hate for him by some is unbelievable. Are they going to admit they are wrong? Of ****ing course not.

We lose 2-1. Hank's fault. We lose 1-0. Hank's fault.

Embarrassing.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

He can be criticized like any other player but the hate for him by some is unbelievable. Are they going to admit they are wrong? Of ****ing course not.

Embarrassing.

Buncha spoiled brats around here.

We could be watching, and Im not joking at all, the best player to ever put on a Ranger's sweater*

*have to clarify that I mean his great performances came while an actual Ranger

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

Embarrassing.

It's been out of control this year. Posters dissecting every single goal etc. Borderline mental stuff.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Buncha spoiled brats around here.

We could be watching, and Im not joking at all, the best player to ever put on a Ranger's sweater*

*have to clarify that I mean his great performances came while an actual Ranger

Agreed. We have been ridiculously spoiled with goalies between Vanbiesbrouk Richter and Lundqvist, that these people forget what average goaltending looks like. And yea I really think Hank is making a case for top 3 if not best ranger of all time.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
In the regular season, Hank has absolutely nothing left to prove. In order to get that 'greatest Rangers of all-time' title, or something similar, he still needs at least one Conn-Smythe type playoff run.

Hopefully this is it!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
• he’s 5-1 all-time in Game 7s, having won an NHL record five in a row

• he is the first NHL goalie to allow one goal or fewer in five consecutive Game 7s

• his GAA in six Game 7s is 1.00 and his save percentage is .965

• he joins Patrick Roy (6), Martin Brodeur (6) and Ed Belfour (5) as the only netminders to win five or more Game 7s

• he’s 10-2 with a 1.32 GAA, .957 SP and two shutouts in the past 12 games the Ranger have faced elimination

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/t...ince-expansion-does-lundqvist-make-the-grade/

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009

Embarrassing.

Yup.

When we were shutout by Fleury in consecutive games, there were a few posters who derailed the conversation to discuss Hank's shortcomings and refused to apportion blame to the offense/PP.

There are obviously quite a few fans who think Hank is overrated or simply don't like him at all. That's fine, everyone is entitled own their opinion. But some of their expectations are beyond comprehension - Hank has no margin for error while the rest of the team gets a free pass when they can't score.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Yeah - it's pretty sad that every other team's fanbase appreciates Lundqvist more than his own does. I can't believe the crap that I've read on here about him from people who have no understanding of the game much less the goalie position. It's positively infuriating sometimes.

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
Yeah - it's pretty sad that every other team's fanbase appreciates Lundqvist more than his own does. I can't believe the crap that I've read on here about him from people who have no understanding of the game much less the goalie position. It's positively infuriating sometimes.

There's simply something people are always going to complain about. Some do it intelligently and make valid points, despite their pessimism. Others do it because the interwebs provides a forum for them to ramble incoherently, and the world is forced to "listen" to them.

Either way, arguing with these people is a lose-lose. The second their opinions are challenged with crazy things like facts and observations, they go into hiding, cause they never had much of a point to begin with. Instead of wasting time, brain cells and turning GDT's into a wasteland, maybe it's just best to ignore these people?

Hank's been unfairly criticized. Some have admitted it and realized how far above the rest of the league he really is. Others won't ever admit it, and won't surface until Hank does somethig human, like make a mistake, and then they're back to say "i told you so."

When that time inevitably comes, I prefer to not give them the satisfaction, and let their words fall on deaf ears.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Well, the main problem is that for every single goal that the Rangers let in, the board starts ranting about how much the team sucks, how much Hank suck and how much the player who make a mistake suck.

It seems like people think that every goal is on Hank or one of the defenders.

Turnovers and mistakes happen in every game. And every single player will make mistakes throughout a long season and playoffs. But in contrary to Torts, AV let players make mistakes without benching them.

Like MSL said before the playoffs: There wil be a new hero every game.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Why is this a thread?

Because of posts like these. You might recognize them.

"Scoring coming alive tonight but Reboundqvist rears his ugly head. 5-4 PIT."

"The Rangers don't have a chance when they are led by Wickets Reboundqvist. "

"Actually Lundqvist is the embarrassment. Please keep him in."

"THIS Lundqvist is about as luxurious as a Kraft Mac-n-cheese dinner. Just roll pucks at him from the redline as watch how nicely he directs the puck in to the slot. The upside is he has a very good record when the Rangers score 4 goals."

"Talbot is well rested. It's not too late."

"Lundqvist is done and scared. And here we thought Emery couldnt go side to side."

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Because of posts like these. You might recognize them.

"Scoring coming alive tonight but Reboundqvist rears his ugly head. 5-4 PIT."

"The Rangers don't have a chance when they are led by Wickets Reboundqvist. "

"Actually Lundqvist is the embarrassment. Please keep him in."

"THIS Lundqvist is about as luxurious as a Kraft Mac-n-cheese dinner. Just roll pucks at him from the redline as watch how nicely he directs the puck in to the slot. The upside is he has a very good record when the Rangers score 4 goals."

"Talbot is well rested. It's not too late."

"Lundqvist is done and scared. And here we thought Emery couldnt go side to side."

:laugh:

They're just frustrated comments in the heat of the moment! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad