Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Im feeling bigger Andrew Shaw as a likely out come,

15-20 goals, 35-45 point, and whole lot of mean.

I liked this pick when we made it and I like it now.

His brother is looking to be a 25-25 type of guy atm in the NHL.

It's funny. He seems like a low-upside pick (but high ceiling) for where he was taken, but I see him as having a good chance of becoming a fan favorite.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Liked this pick....knew we had a good one after Mcguire has been pumping him up for months before the draft. Still don't get the Mcguire 'He's a pea brain " haters - the guy is hardly wrong on player assessments.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Liked this pick....knew we had a good one after Mcguire has been pumping him up for months before the draft. Still don't get the Mcguire 'He's a pea brain " haters - the guy is hardly wrong on player assessments.

He’s very often wrong because he likes every single prospect. But the issue people have isn’t with his player evaluations, it’s with his creepy and odd nature.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's often wrong...he just makes sure to remind everyone of the ones he was right about.

It's not hard to go on daily radio shows and have the hosts essentially fluff you up with questions that shine the brightest light on you.

The reason he hasn't gotten a GM job like he's wanted is because when he interviews...people are able to seperate the perspective employee from the TV/radio personality.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
He's often wrong...he just makes sure to remind everyone of the ones he was right about.

It's not hard to go on daily radio shows and have the hosts essentially fluff you up with questions that shine the brightest light on you.

The reason he hasn't gotten a GM job like he's wanted is because when he interviews...people are able to seperate the perspective employee from the TV/radio personality.

Disagree - i've heard him admit numerous times when he's been wrong on a player, which isn't many. Can someone actually list the ones he's been wrong about? Let's see, Brady Tkchuck? Oh wait...

Any ways, like the Tuch pick and i think we have something there...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Disagree - i've heard him admit numerous times when he's been wrong on a player, which isn't many. Can someone actually list the ones he's been wrong about? Let's see, Brady Tkchuck? Oh wait...

Trading 3rd overall and Subban for Jordan Staal?

Reactions: DAChampion

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He’s very often wrong because he likes every single prospect. But the issue people have isn’t with his player evaluations, it’s with his creepy and odd nature.

Let the guy be. It's clear he isn't doing it out of malicious intent, but is fundamentally just a weird ass dude. Tell him calmly in private after he does something odd, and hope he can stay within reasonable parameters most of the time, and hope he never crosses a major line.

Weird people are part of life.

Reactions: jaffy27

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Let the guy be. It's clear he isn't doing it out of malicious intent, but is fundamentally just a weird ass dude. Tell him calmly in private after he does something odd, and hope he can stay within reasonable parameters most of the time, and hope he never crosses a major line.

Weird people are part of life.

I don’t mind him, just spelling out why people do dislike him.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Tuch looks good so far, also love that he's playing with DP, another kid I loved.

Just wish they wouldve picked him with 4th pick instead of 2nd... Oh well, I bet he becomes quite the fan favorite for the Habs.

Its also why its useless to spend high picks on guys like Tkachuk.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Ugh. Pretty much. MB also has his favorites (Weber, Reilly, Anderson, Shaw, Danault, Saad), but at least those guys are actually good. McGuire as a GM would be a complete disaster. He'd get Phaneuf to be his no.1.
What are you saying? I swear people just make things up sometimes. I guess he's an idiot then for being against the Weber trade, which nobody else would have done, but i guess you must love. How about being against the Drouin trade...he must be an idiot for that too
And by the way, the rumor was the third overall (turned into galychenyk) for Jordan Stall or Anze Kopitar....never really came out who he was targeting exactly, but i do believe it was one of those two (and he would not have thrown in PK) In other words, a great trade that everyone would do.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

He's been wrong about plenty...

Brady Tkachuk?

I mean who couldn't tell he was gonna be an NHL.

I'm not going to put him on a pedestal cause he says water is wet.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What are you saying? I swear people just make things up sometimes. I guess he's an idiot then for being against the Weber trade, which nobody else would have done, but i guess you must love. How about being against the Drouin trade...he must be an idiot for that too
And by the way, the rumor was the third overall (turned into galychenyk) for Jordan Stall or Anze Kopitar....never really came out who he was targeting exactly, but i do believe it was one of those two (and he would not have thrown in PK) In other words, a great trade that everyone would do.

Are you ok ? I'm not sure who you're arguing with.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Mcguire has encyclopedic knowledge but doesn't have any ability to identify talent......he is a fanboy and a joke in the hockey world. He is usually wrong and even a blind monkey will hit the odd bullseye....

Reactions: Andrei79

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1