Confirmed with Link: Luke Tuch sign with Habs (2 years ELC, start in 2024-2025) AHL 1-way 2023-2024

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
With Florian and Tuch, it is nice to have some 4th line prospects that aren't just fringe AHL skilled guys. These are legit physical 4th line prospects.

And developed from within. That's the most important to me, we've lacked size/grit/energy for a long time on our bottom-6, having to hire them as UFAs or trade for them, that having them developed locally, within the culture they're building, can only be a good thing for us. I hope we draft more of them in the next drafts.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Well ya, i've been told, but i'm sure you got the point i was making
I get it, you are trying to say that he did not perform how he should have. Sort of like we see 20 year old players in the CHL producing way more than previous years all of a sudden.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
I get it, you are trying to say that he did not perform how he should have. Sort of like we see 20 year old players in the CHL producing way more than previous years all of a sudden.

The only point i was making is that, IMO, he should not get to burn a year on his ELC from what i saw from him.

But hey, if KH think he is worth it no big deal to me

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
30 pts in 39 games at 22 years old on his 5th year in NCAA, i dont see how he can ask to burn a year of ELC.....send him straight to Laval

I don't think anyone is expecting him to put up the peak numbers of his older brother - even if Alex didn't exactly light it up in college either. That said, 11 points in 16 games in his freshman season was solid. The first two years certainly seemed to have been hampered by either lack of playing time (scratch) or injury.

I like what he did this year. On a team with Celebrini and Hutson (x2), he was still 6th in scoring. There's a pretty sharp drop off after Lane. Senior or not, he's only 22. I'd be happy if he could be a contemporary Momesso type of player; someone that can play heavy minutes, contribute some offense, make room for others, and move up the lineup in a pinch. He's got a 3rd line ceiling for me. Anything else is gravy.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I heard it was showtime for him,stay tuned post match for the dissection and the ensuing war of words. lol

Reactions: FloJack

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Will he really? Seems odd for no real news for nearly two days. Especially since we already signed his team mate in Hutson. I'm sure they're not haggling over bonuses since Tuch is unlikely to even see games.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Ehhh I don't know, do I care?
39460ad5-7092-4b3d-b01f-0f9b02299689_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Rozz and le_sean

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Like last year when posters were saying no way the Habs sign Struble because he has 1 goal, I kept saying they wouls sign him. also said while I never believed in his offensive upside that he would play in the NHL due his power game. I've said last year that Tuch would be signed because he's to me someone who could be a better Pezzetta so to me there's no doubt he 100% plays in the NHL as guys his size and speed that play solid defensively and a strong physical game are going to be of interest to GMs.

But it's the same every time we get into this situation. The boo-hoos over losing Jake Evans because he for sure wasn't going to sign with us so he could sign with the leafs.

There was no way Jordan Harris was signing according to several posters, as he was clearly going to sign with boston.

Then we heard Tuch won't sign with us so he can join his brother and sign with the sabers when they have a ton of young forwards.

Though oddly enough if there's one guy I would pick not to sign with us if they offered him a contract is Pitlick, I don't know how happy is brother is with us but I kind of wondered if he would look to sign closer to home in Minny. I do wonder if he's had a good enough of a season to use the loophole. Just wild speculation though, haven't heard any talk about his plans on college hockey message boards.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think they're going to sign him, but I was hoping to see him against Detroit.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Like last year when posters were saying no way the Habs sign Struble because he has 1 goal, I kept saying they wouls sign him. also said while I never believed in his offensive upside that he would play in the NHL due his power game. I've said last year that Tuch would be signed because he's to me someone who could be a better Pezzetta so to me there's no doubt he 100% plays in the NHL as guys his size and speed that play solid defensively and a strong physical game are going to be of interest to GMs.

But it's the same every time we get into this situation. The boo-hoos over losing Jake Evans because he for sure wasn't going to sign with us so he could sign with the leafs.

There was no way Jordan Harris was signing according to several posters, as he was clearly going to sign with boston.

Then we heard Tuch won't sign with us so he can join his brother and sign with the sabers when they have a ton of young forwards.

Though oddly enough if there's one guy I would pick not to sign with us if they offered him a contract is Pitlick, I don't know how happy is brother is with us but I kind of wondered if he would look to sign closer to home in Minny. I do wonder if he's had a good enough of a season to use the loophole. Just wild speculation though, haven't heard any talk about his plans on college hockey message boards.

I see what you did there!

I also agree with everything you said in this post.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad