Speculation: Luke Schenn

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
Schenn is still an NHL player but he needs to take a pay cut if he expects to stay in the league, he is not worth what he's been paid.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
1.5-2.25M for 3rd pairing guy and you'll be happy

More money or bigger responsibility and you'll be disappointed.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Any team needing a decent minute eater to relieve the pressure off the younger players should be able to bring him in for cheap.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I have a feeling it'll be ottawa. Not my first choice, but for a third pairing guy on a short term, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Luke Schenn is definitely an NHL player. The failure to live up to his draft position and hype doesn't detract from his ability to play a regular shift and provide solid support on the bottom pair. If he comes in at <2mm AAV, a team will be getting a pretty solid value player.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
Five years ago the Leafs almost made the playoffs with a top four of Dion Phaneuf, Keith Aulie, Carl Gunnarsson and Luke Schenn. That's how good rookie Reimer was.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
he's not as bad as some make him out to be

agreed what happens is once someone is on a bad contract so they get devalued. Then even when they are a ufa , people think of player based off his last contract rather then his play on the ice. At the right price he would be a solid guy to have around.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Doesn't Burke love this kid?

Only a blind man would love his game at this point. He can't skate, is clueless in the defensive zone and puts himself in bad defensive position on most plays and screens his own goalie on most plays. I don't care where he signs as long as it's not in LA. Would love to see any team in our division sign him.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Five years ago the Leafs almost made the playoffs with a top four of Dion Phaneuf, Keith Aulie, Carl Gunnarsson and Luke Schenn. That's how good rookie Reimer was.

The Leafs were 10th in the conference in 2010-11, and 8 points out of a playoff spot. How is that almost making the playoffs? :laugh:

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Schenn hasn't been good for a while. And his lack of speed make him useless if not outright counter-productive to most teams as the league shifts towards a larger emphasis on skating.

Would be great to see him sign with the Canucks or Oilers though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad