Prospect Info: Lukas Vejdemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If he was a terrific skater I would have been happy with this pick, since is not (kind of average or only good), I am a little bit disappointed. Imo, the were better player available at that pick. I believe we could have gamble with him and wait for our 5th round pick.

I think I would have went with Filip Ahl, similar stats, but a little bit bigger at 6'4 and nearly 1 and half year younger.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=162177
I'm sure Timmins did hid homework on both of them, good chance we got the better player

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I don't know. Timmins thought Collberg was a good pick, so much so that he couldn't sleep. And it appears he's busted.

While it's safe to trust "experts", it's also a bad thing to take their full word only because they are "experts".

Pretty much everybody on HF ere also ecstatic about getting Colberg in the 2nd. And about Thrower and about Bozon, yet that draft doesn't look so good so far.

So maybe getting excited on draft day is fun but it still doesn't mean it's a good draft. And maybe underwhelming picks on draft day doesn't mean it's a bad draft.

Always depressing to see guys bringing down a player they've never seen :shakehead

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Pretty much everybody on HF ere also ecstatic about getting Colberg in the 2nd. And about Thrower and about Bozon, yet that draft doesn't look so good so far.

So maybe getting excited on draft day is fun but it still doesn't mean it's a good draft. And maybe underwhelming picks on draft day doesn't mean it's a bad draft.

Always depressing to see guys bringing down a player they've never seen :shakehead

Yep, 2012 everyone had a ***** and in 2013 most people were pissed. Let's wait and see.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

I mean Thrower and Bozon both got derailed by injury, They weren't bad picks. Collberg got screwed over by Frolunda.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
I m losing faith in this organization!! after the DSP / Sekac trade or the Allen, Flynn, Mitchell acquisitions I don t know anymore? Mitchell is a serviceable player but at the time adding him with Malhotra still being there? Minor upgrade when it's all said and done. I want to see young skilled players incorporated into the linuep i want more focus on skill less blue collar play. To be honest it's easier to coach grinders then coach and develop young skilled players. A PP with Subban, Markov, Patches, Plekanec should not be abysmal simply inexcusable.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
You're completely right, but that's assuming the 'amateur' has actually seen the player play and has a legitimate opinion. Disagreeing about the pick when one hasn't even seen the player is not an opinion that is worthy of anyone's consideration.

This. And I would add that it's easy to predict a bust when a player is drafted in the 3rd round since only a very small percentage of players selected passed the 1st-2nd round will make it to the show.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Maybe, but there have been several instances on this board where the posters have been right over the experts. Again, it's a foolish mindset to think that an amateur's opinion is automatically void in the face of an expert's

It isn't if you don't know the player. WS and those scouting firms didn't scout this guys because he was passed on last draft, and was injured for a lot of this year. I'm fine with amateurs saying "I've seen this guy and don't think he's good"... however, if you claim it's a bad pick and know nothing of the player... well then... let the experts take the chances they are paid to do. That doesn't mean he's sure-fire, just means, yes, their opinion is more valid than yours

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I m losing faith in this organization!! after the DSP / Sekac trade or the Allen, Flynn, Mitchell acquisitions I don t know anymore? Mitchell is a serviceable player but at the time adding him with Malhotra still being there? Minor upgrade when it's all said and done. I want to see young skilled players incorporated into the linuep i want more focus on skill less blue collar play. To be honest it's easier to coach grinders then coach and develop young skilled players. A PP with Subban, Markov, Patches, Plekanec should not be abysmal simply inexcusable.

what does this have to do with the pick?

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
This draft is too much an unknown for me to be angry, especially about a Swede. Seems off the board though.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Scouts? Firms like Hockey prospects had him 173rd. CSS had him the 36th best European prospect. McKeen, Grant's magasine, do NOT mention Vejdemo at all. But a scout did tell Grant...."good pick". Thing is....I could probably say that too for most 2nd and 3rd rounders so far.

Timmins says "secret pick". Fine. I'm now expecting to see him flourish and do extremely well. When you go off the board, is because you know something that others don't....and it's going to be proven. Let's wait and see.

Indeed, let's.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Everything I've read has him scouted as a VERY good skater. Good size, apparently smart for his age group.

I would have preferred we trade down and pick him later or choose Ahl outright instead. Whatever, we seem to have luck with overagers lately.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
It would be interesting to see if the Habs bring him over to the CHL next season. The import draft is next week so we will know by then. He would be playing on his 19-year old season and has already dominated juniors in Sweden so he should be a CHL top-6 forward easily right off the bat. It would be good for him to get acclimated to the N-A style of play and the long schedule. If he joins a solid squad he could go far in the playoffs.

The following year, he could join the Bulldogs in Laval and if development curve is good, he wouldn't be too far off from an NHL taste. He's got size, skills and smarts, but needs to improve skating. Might not be a problem on the smaller N-A rink.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Will be the key to the evaluation of this draft. We went pretty safe the rest of the way, but this was way off radar. Yet....I guess he has to be the guy with the most upside. Safe to think that from Bradley to Bourque to Addison, you're talking about bottom 6 F or bottom 2 D. While this guy has to be more than that.

Indeed, let's.

Yet, in the context of a board of OPINIONS, let's wait and see makes it dull and uninteresting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think I read that he's signed for two years with Djurgarden in the SHL. Don't see him coming over.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
V6VWU4l.png

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think I read that he's signed for two years with Djurgarden in the SHL. Don't see him coming over.

Like I said earlier he's never played against men. They definitely are leaving him to blossom in Sweden for at least two years. Unless he straight up dominates SHL this year.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Timmins was surprised Vejdemo was still there when they took him. Says Rockstrom really pushed for him and made Trevor fly out to Sweden to see him.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
This guy oozes 3rd round steal from what TT was saying. He projects his offensive upside to be quite solid, said as he is right now he's better offensively than DLR was when they drafted him.

He also went out of his way to mention they drafted this guy FOR his Offensive Touch.

Worth remembering Wennberg's style in his draft year was compared to Zetterberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad