Recalled/Assigned: Lukas Reichel assigned to Rockford

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
It was only a matter of time. In my opinion a bit later than it should've happened but I hope he mentally gets back right, dominates then comes back with a vengeance.

This will definitely help Rockford though. They are looking much stronger now.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Great news for Rockford... with Pitlick there and Guttman having been there for a bit, and now Reichel they have a good amount of skill up and down the lineup now.

For Reichel, about time. They promised him a full season role and said he had nothing left to learn in the AHL. Then he tested and pushed that to the absolute limit and this is an extremely well deserved demotion, unfortunately. At this point, he needs to view this is an opportunity, he will go back to a place he has had success and will have both opportunity and teammates that are of a relatively high caliber for the league they're in while playing in a more competitive atmosphere for a team that is trying to secure a playoff spot. If he can find some success and got into a nice stride I imagine he will be back up in a couple of weeks. A demotion and re-energizing did a lot for Katchouk earlier this year, let's hope it can do the same for Reichel.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Feel like it’s all mental for Reichel. Putting on about 10lbs wouldn’t hurt either, guys built like Dylan Sikura

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Should have happened about 3 weeks ago
At least. The best thing for him, IMO, to say he has nothing to learn in the AHL is just wrong. The kid is barely into his twenties - hopefully he will get his confidence back and should not be rushed back. Richardson should challenge him to come back in next season's training camp and make the team with his play, not just with his potential.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
At this point getting away from Richardson is a blessing for kid
Someone said Richardson has been turning chicken shit into chicken salad. Unfortunately he also seems able to turn top sirloin into chicken salad.

I said it before: the only thing stopping Luke from f***ing with Bedards game is the fact he knows he'd be run out of town in no time flat.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Kid needs to figure his shit out. The coaching staff has tried everything to get him started. He even played with Bedard for a bit and was garbage.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Kid needs to figure his shit out. The coaching staff has tried everything to get him started. He even played with Bedard for a bit and was garbage.

Personally, I think he and Bedard should have been glued together once Hall and Athanasiou went down. He obviously can't carry a line on his own in the NHL at this point. Playing him off Bedard's line means he's effectively playing with borderline NHL talent, if that. It's not a recipe for success, especially after he clearly lost confidence.

Hopefully he can bounce back next year but I think this is a good lesson for KD that -- and I know we've had some injuries -- you can't leave the kids out on an island. Fine enough for a singular talent like Bedard, but the Reichels and Nazars of the world are going to need some support.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
He was good with Bedard except for that Toronto game where they got wrecked. By far his best game of the season was on Bedard's wing against Colorado

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Should have happened about 3 weeks ago
3 months* ago

Hopefully he can bounce back next year but I think this is a good lesson for KD that -- and I know we've had some injuries -- you can't leave the kids out on an island. Fine enough for a singular talent like Bedard, but the Reichels and Nazars of the world are going to need some support.
Imagine grouping a stud like Nazar with a bum like Reichel

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Personally, I think he and Bedard should have been glued together once Hall and Athanasiou went down.
Bedard's development is far too important to saddle him with a guy with all the same weaknesses as the teenage Bedard and who can't produce offense at an NHL level at the moment just for the sake of that guy's own development. Better to give him Reichel + 2 or 3 years (Kurashev) versus a guy who we're not sure will be in the NHL or the DEL in 3 years.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
He played like 3 games with Bedard and was fine. LuRich didn't like that in the 3rd game he got a shot blocked and demoted him to the 4th line.
Most players will be “fine” along side Bedard. Kurashev (an average 3rd liner) and Foligno (a good 4th liner) are doing “fine” there right now.
If he can play solid top 6 minutes only with a generational center and can’t fill a bottom 6 role he can’t be considered a serious prospect.

Needs to stay down the rest of the year and (if he didn’t know) understand what’s expected of him next September.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Reichel is definitely to blame but so was the deployment. He wasn’t put in a position to succeed and guys like Raddysh were stapled to PP1 for weeks without doing jack f***ing shit.

It’s not one or the other. It’s both.
Yeah ...... right.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Reichel is definitely to blame but so was the deployment. He wasn’t put in a position to succeed and guys like Raddysh were stapled to PP1 for weeks without doing jack f***ing shit.

It’s not one or the other. It’s both.
107.3 powerplay minutes for Raddysh compared to 96.7 powerplay minutes for Reichel.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Reichel would come out shift after shift after shift with the puck dying on his stick in O-Zone, and usually not from some super slick play. Then, he'd have strings of good shifts likely busting his butt making up for the gaffes.

Whatever his top form is, he wasn't growing his fundamentals and when you're not scoring that's what's supposed to be slowly improving. It was getting pretty ugly to watch, IMO. Hopefully he gets to basics in Rockford.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Do PP1 vs PP2
I get the push Reichel should of gotten more time.. but did you want Reichel in the net front role on a powerplay ever?

I don't get not thinking things out here 2 layers deep. Raddysh's minutes go to him because other than Folingo there's no body for netfront/bumper role. Reichel would never play that role.

If you wanna complain about who got pp1 time over Reichel, kurashev would count as would Pitlick who got a good try, Beavullier, or Tyler johnson(though sometimes he played the bumper middle spot too) but there's roles involved to actually evaluate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad